Did Rasida Lie on her affidavit to run for office

Ran accorss this from a questionable source. Had to click few a number of links to find the Twitter post where it came from.

But it looks like Rasida Tlaib may have lied on her affidavit on where she lived to run for office in Michigan.

When questioned with it, she just says “misled? Nah. Where I come from we call that lying.” suggesting the person who brought it up on Twitter was ill informed.

So then they post the article where her own father says she never lived in the house she claimed to have lived in.

Bed no Dems in Michigan will call her out on it. Too bad there isn’t a penalty of being stripped of office for something like that.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1124443153891643392?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-1857953268470891876.ampproject.net%2F1907152257550%2Fframe.html

I wish my memory was better, because it seems to me this has happened before, but I can’t put my finger on who. Hopefully someone will remember. If she lied, of course that’s wrong. But her dad could indeed be trying to cause problems.

Was trying to cause problems in 2010 (that’s when the article is from). Trump wasn’t even a twinkel in the presidency eye at that point.

I didn’t see Trump referenced? I skimmed the article and didn’t notice his name. Am I missing something, or did you just assume I meant Trump lied about his residence?

This thread has NOTHING to do with Trump.

It has to do with Rasida possibly lying on the affidavit to run for office in Michigan. Her father says she did. He was part owner of the house and said she never lived in it, but lived in a different county with her husband.

The Trump remark was due to the year of the article. You said dad may have been trying to cause problems? For who? His own daughter?

1 Like

Occurred in 2010. Father has since passed. Looks like he wasn’t happy at her at the time he said it.

Asked why he was tattling on his daughter, Harbi Elabed said it was a growing litany of transgressions that his daughter committed upon him – culminating in a dispute about care of his aged mother, who suffers from dementia. According to Harbi, his daughter sided against him and in favor of his nephew in a battle of custody, a complete breach of family values, he said.

But hey, if people want to spend time and money investigating the 10 year old accusations of her father, have at it.

Ok, just wanted to be clear because I didn’t bring Trump up, you did. Yes there are very very screwed up families out there. Meghan Markle’s (sp) for one. I’m not saying the dad is screwed up, I’m saying it’s a possibility. Look how many parents abuse their kids.

How is this relevant to now?

It should be investigated and the appropriate action taken if found she lied.

Just curious, why do you let so many of trumps lie slide? I don’t recall you digging into them this thoroughly for some reason.

3 Likes

There’s a secret scandal point system. As long as each side is equal in points, everything is OK. We’re trying to put some points on the Democrat side to equal out the recent shenanigans from the Republicans.

1 Like

That was very strange.

It should be but it’s going to be very difficult to prove as that story mentioned.

You have to have your primary address in the district and be registered to vote there but there’s no rule or law that says you actually have to spend any appreciable length of time there.

Was it?

Not your post. The Trump thing.

Ah, I thought so too.

Damn I hate it when I miss a letter!

Think we should contact somebody?

I’m not touching that!

Sure, but I don’t have a problem with enforcing election laws.

Me neither.

I said they should investigate.

Unlike the Omar dreck which was an Interwebs rumor, this one has legs.

Interesting timing on this “discovery” that has nothing to do with Trump.

Let me guess, you were casually browsing around the internet and this story just jumped out. You thought hey, isn’t that the lady from the news?

5 Likes