DeSantis 2024? Maybe

New Quinnipiac poll shows Biden at 36% positive 53% negative. In an open ended question of what issues do you consider most important, the top answers were division/polarization, economy, immigration, inflation. In which of these do Democrats take the lead?

1 Like

I suspect right now none.

winner winner chicken dinner

At this point, probably. I just have fundamental philosophical differences with Republicans/conservatives. Couple that with the fact that the party has lost their damn minds, and the choice is clear.

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, sure. Which one?

Here is Florida’s rank amongst the states in covid death rate within age groups -

AGE GROUP / RANK (#1 is worst; #51 is best)
35-44 / 8
45-54 / 12
55-64 / 14
65-74 / 21
75-84 / 39
85+ / 43

Notice that as the age groups get older Florida ranks better. They have actually done very well overall in the 75+ age group (although if you just focus on 2021 that is a different story…). This is why when you adjust for age Florida looks better, since they have a large population in this group. However, Florida has been losing a higher percentage of its younger people than most other states.

If you just focus on 2021 then Florida looks even worse. In ages 35 - 64 they are in the top 10 worst. Not sure what would explain this other than lack of vaxxing and mask-wearing in this group.
35-44 / 4
45-54 / 6
55-64 / 8
65-74 / 13
75-84 / 17
85+ / 23

Source:
DEATHS - COVID-19 in Florida (Dr. Jason Salemi) (Age-specific COVID-19 death rate per 100,000 pop:)

1 Like

Thanks

the higher states have already had the delta surge, the lower ones have not. get back to me in 4-6 months when the data compares.

leftists and their silly statistics games.

1 Like

Overstated.

Trump has shown a great deal of humility. Most notably with the military.

Most people who meet him say his public persona is not who he is off camera.

If I am willing to vote for a box of hammers, what difference does it make?

Not true, WA, f.e. had delta surge in August.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/Articles/ID/2895/Delta-variant-drives-dramatic-spike-in-cases-further-exhausting-hospital-capacity-across-the-state

I think it will be Pete vs desantis in 2024.

Biden too old.
Harris not popular with dems.

1 Like

Booty judge?

and wa is 23. bottom half. your point is what? that all of the states in the top half haven’t surged yet while those in the bottom have? well duh

further, the highest number of deaths in the 30-39 age group for any week was 98. where are theses “thousands” of preventable deaths?

According to the New York time website, Florida is not reporting covid cases to the CDC.

Yet people are still dying at a rate of 43 a day.

Unsure why?

Allan

I like it.

Fake Mr. Rogers vs the All American Covid Slayer.

:statue_of_liberty:

Cases are a false metric.

This needs to stop everywhere.

False? How so?

Allan

Psst, you might want to check how well Pete does with black people and then ask yourself if a democrat can become President without them.

It will likely be who ever the establishment wants.