Deputy, pastor calls for LGBTQ executions in sermon

No. There are no calm debates with folks who advocate the mass murder of my friends and neighbors in order to sate the darkness in their hearts.

5 Likes

That may be the case, but until a person issues a call for action or states that specifically which is what the subject of this op did is the point where I say enough is enough.

This particular person did and I did call it out. Oddly quiet in here so far from others.

Do you believe in God? If not, on what basis can you insist on imposing your feelings of what is moral on the majority? I am interested in WHY you object to someone using their freedom to speak to express a possibly minority view on a law change that is unlikely to happen.

Does it bother you that politicians take money from lobbyists to enacted laws that the majority of citizens may object to? Would you agree that it would be preferable to have citizensā€™ referenda on law changes that have the effect of changing social mores?

BTW, babies in the womb are legally put to death because of their sex. Would you object to that?

1 Like

OK. You rant emotionally and Iā€™ll reason calmly.

Because what he is expressing is genocide.

"Fritts said he never called on civilians to commit violence against members of the LGBTQ community. He told his congregation Wednesday that responsibility lies with the government.

He finished his commentary by saying, ā€œ[The government of the United States should] put homos to death.ā€

That sounds like a call to lobby for law change to me.

He is lobbying for genocide.

that should be a crime imo.

You think the majority object to the LGBTQ community being protected from hate crimes

Sounds like heā€™s a straight up sociopath to me

Fritts sermon defensive Wednesday followed his June 2 statements, when he called on police to enforce a Bible passage from Leviticus that prescribes death as punishment for being a member of the LGBTQ community

You think if the OP was about a Muslim preacher talking about how the government should murder no-believers it would pass 100 posts?

1 Like

Yes. Genocide is exactly what he is advocating. Acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part the LGBTQ community

WHY do YOU regard genocide as wrong, other than your feelings? If killing large numbers of homosexuals is ā€œgenocideā€, then abortion would be genocide too, would it not? Originally genocide was killing large numbers of a race. Now it seems to mean killing large numbers of a kind.

Do you give pro-lifers the same freedom to oppose abortion and be listened to sympathetically as you want to claim for yourself to oppose capital punishment for gays and to be listened to sympathetically?

No I donā€™t, I already stated that at the point violence is being advocated for living, breathing, humans, It wonā€™t be okay. But I imagine some would be okay with that.

1 Like

Jesus is coming, so itā€™s all good.

Would you support a law that calls for 14.7 million Americans to be executed over their sexuality? Do you think that is a reasonable position for a law enforcement officer to hold? If not, why are you going out of your way to make excuses for this?

Source for that quote?

Now if he meant police NOW to do that, heā€™d be on the crazy end of the spectrum, yes.

Correct, he called his fellow police officers to carry out the executions.

Fritts sermon defensive Wednesday followed his June 2 statements, when he called on police to enforce a Bible passage from Leviticus that prescribes death as punishment for being a member of the LGBTQ community.

Because I believe in free speech and am not insecure in my views.

So mass murder now is bad, but if a government passes a law it is fine?

What are your views on this subject?