Deputy, pastor calls for LGBTQ executions in sermon

I guess pride month was a little to shocking for him he should be kicked off the force asap.

Grayson Fritts, pastor of All Scripture Baptist Church, told his congregation he was upholding principles of the Bible and called other Baptist preachers, “weak and spineless” for not doing the same.

"Just as much as God loves, God hates,” he said.

Fritts said he never called on civilians to commit violence against members of the LGBTQ community. He told his congregation Wednesday that responsibility lies with the government.

He finished his commentary by saying, “put homos to death.”

https://www.cleveland19.com/2019/06/13/graphic-tenn-deputy-pastor-calls-lgbtq-executions-sermon/

now he defend his statement by saying he isn’t calling on peoeple to kill homosexual because that is the government job.

Good thing he will no longer work for the government in a position where he could follow through with that particular job requirement.

Fritts sermon defensive Wednesday followed his June 2 statements, when he called on police to enforce a Bible passage from Leviticus that prescribes death as punishment for being a member of the LGBTQ community

What in the ever loving hell?

The government of the United States should put homos to death?

These people are too far gone.

Now now- if he worked at Burger King, he would make any homosexual who ordered one a burger.

That is simply what tolerance but not acceptance looks like for this gentleman.

Either that or he was just trying to stimulate a conversation on what to do about the problem.

3 Likes

But only if that burger didn’t have a part in a homosexual marriage.

Coming from a government employee in a position to make good on what he sees as his job

I have it on good authority that folks like this are pariahs. Oddly enough every time given the chance to condone and refute such things, they never actually show up. Weird.

Just wait, the whataboutism, and the deflection posts are coming shortly. Just wait.
This nutbag is himself the worst of what people opposite of him think. He doesn’t speak for anyone else, but the people cheering and clapping obviously agree with him, and there are plenty more just like him. They won’t ever admit it even when caught and confronted with it.

Every so often even a person on hannity is bold enough to stand with it. Thats when it gets really interesting.

3 Likes

Oh I see, he’s been cooking up a response for over 10 minutes now.

I see that imminent wall of text too

Crap I accidentally deleted my post…well it lives…

Fritts needs to read his bible with comprehension. It does not say death is punishment for being a member of the LGBTQ community.

And if it hasn’t been done already, he needs to be off the police force.

I am somewhat suspicious of the reliability of reporting that quote fragments of a sentence out of their context.

If he said, " [The state should] put homos to death" He would hardly be walking back his comments.

It is within the state legislature’s responsibilities to determine which persons deserve death, so it seems a valid civic response, if one believes homosexual behaviour deserves death, to lobby the state government to have that put into law, and to invite others to lobby likewise. Some Christian might choose that course, but I wouldn’t.

The state attorney’s comments were intriguing.

““I find this speech personally offensive and reprehensible,” Allen said. “As district attorney, my constitutional obligation is to protect the integrity of the justice system. When any potential witness in a criminal proceeding expresses an opinion of hatred and/or bias towards a class of citizens, I am ethically bound to explore that witness’ credibility. Accordingly, I am reviewing all pending cases involving Mr. Fritts to scrutinize them for any potential bias.”

What do people think of her/his concerns?

It’s a valid concern. You’d hate to have an important case suddenly fall apart due to the possible behavior of a key witness.

Perhaps
And she also has to worry about getting sued.
Until this is all hashed out, Pastor Fritts better stay on his administrative leave.
Let’s hope any more sermons he gives aren’t going to make things worse.

In all my time on these boards though, I have to say
Seems like I’m seeing a lot more “creative” ways for some folks to respond to cases like this.

Anyway, let’s see if anyone else responds.

Perhaps we’ll get some more interesting posts.
Or maybe this is one time most of us can agree was reprehensible
Egregious enough that almost everyone can condemn it.

How would that play out with state servants who have expressed bias against white people whom they consider as having inherent white privilege, or witnesses who consider all men as having toxic masculinity?

A white guy says all homos should die.

Therefore of course white males are victims.

Good enough for me.

6 Likes

Your really going to try and debate this as acceptable?

Very interesting.

I’m a free speech kinda guy. Maybe you’re not. The Left can say the most extreme things but they are merely starting a necessary conversation. The centre and right say something extreme and suddenly they have no right to start the conversation?

So you though Kathy Griffin was cool?