Deputy, pastor calls for LGBTQ executions in sermon

Except its not a sin.

I have…you’re wrong.

And truly ironic anyway that you of all people would be making a case about numbers of people.

The most important number is 1.

1 Like

Arrest, trial, evidence, sentencing… sounds like due process to me. He seems to be a bit confused about where that due process would lead under present legislation. But he is entitled to express where he wished that process would lead, and to lobby for changes to the law that would make the due process end at his desired outcome.

But realistically he’s not going to get what he wants.

No, I’m not.

I’m not making a case about numbers. I’m correcting false information.

What difference does 2+% vs 5% make?
I don’t understand where you’re going with this.

1 Like

The best way to deal with people like this deputy is to give them stones and ask them to do what God commands.

1 Like

in other words you are going to pick and choose which parts of teh bible apply and which dont.

convenient…

This guy might actually use them.

According to the scriptures it is.

Sure you are.

1 Like

Ok, if you say so. Happy Father’s Day.

It may be self loathing anyway. We’ve seen many times people who are over authoritarian who are actually afflicted with what they protest against.

1 Like

Post where it says its a sin.

It’s amazing it took you this long to concede the point.

4 Likes

Ok, if you say so.

You will want to research “Bleeding Kansas”. Samuel J. Jones had an anti-slavery town ransacked. The town was established by people from Massachusetts that were trying to establish an anti-slavery government in Kansas after the Missouri Compromise, which would have made Kansas a free state, was replace with the idea of popular sovereignty. In response John Brown lead a group of abolitionists to attack pro-slavery settlers, killing 5 in what would be called the Pottawatomie massacre.
This back and forth went on for a while, and when it was investigated, John Brown seemed to be at the heart of many of the conflicts between pro- and anti-slavery forces, often instigating them. In the end, he was hanged for his role in raiding the US arsenal at Harper’s Ferry to start an armed slave revolt.

John Brown was a religious weirdo with easy access to firearms.

Good thing we have all of that in check these days.

2 Likes

Romans chapter one describes gay behavior and condemns it.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27**and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.**A

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

I am aware, thanks.

I lived in Kansas…I like to learn the history of the states in which I live.

A bit odd you stopped there and didn’t include the final verse in that Chapter? I wonder why you stopped. Here, I will finish it for you.

So since you are a follower of Romans 1 we can only presume you support the death penalty for homosexual behavior? You want to be consistent, right? You can’t be picking and choosing what verses in Romans 1 apply and which don’t, right?

More likely you were too embarrassed by the medieval thinking of that last verse. A man of consistency might apply that embarrassment to the rest of Romans 1 as well.