Deputy, pastor calls for LGBTQ executions in sermon

Post where it says its a sin.

It’s amazing it took you this long to concede the point.

4 Likes

Ok, if you say so.

You will want to research “Bleeding Kansas”. Samuel J. Jones had an anti-slavery town ransacked. The town was established by people from Massachusetts that were trying to establish an anti-slavery government in Kansas after the Missouri Compromise, which would have made Kansas a free state, was replace with the idea of popular sovereignty. In response John Brown lead a group of abolitionists to attack pro-slavery settlers, killing 5 in what would be called the Pottawatomie massacre.
This back and forth went on for a while, and when it was investigated, John Brown seemed to be at the heart of many of the conflicts between pro- and anti-slavery forces, often instigating them. In the end, he was hanged for his role in raiding the US arsenal at Harper’s Ferry to start an armed slave revolt.

John Brown was a religious weirdo with easy access to firearms.

Good thing we have all of that in check these days.

2 Likes

Romans chapter one describes gay behavior and condemns it.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27**and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.**A

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

I am aware, thanks.

I lived in Kansas…I like to learn the history of the states in which I live.

A bit odd you stopped there and didn’t include the final verse in that Chapter? I wonder why you stopped. Here, I will finish it for you.

So since you are a follower of Romans 1 we can only presume you support the death penalty for homosexual behavior? You want to be consistent, right? You can’t be picking and choosing what verses in Romans 1 apply and which don’t, right?

More likely you were too embarrassed by the medieval thinking of that last verse. A man of consistency might apply that embarrassment to the rest of Romans 1 as well.

It is a reference to spiritual death (on judgement day) rather than an execution.

Any comments on the clear cut condemnation of gay behavior?

It’s for God to judge and administer punishment. The rest of us have our own sins to worry about.

Jesus commands us to love sinners. Period.

Jesus said he came to bring sinners to repentance. Loving sinners doesn’t mean giving approval for sins.

Doubtful since other areas of the Bible call for stoning, don’t they?

Oh, I don’t think there is much of an argument that the Bible doesn’t call out homosexual behavior. But I don’t think we should be defining our culture by the ramblings of nomadic Bronze Age people that attribute everything they don’t understand to God.

1 Like

It also means leaving judgement to God and loving them and treating them as God’s children, as Jesus commands all over the NT.

Reject the scriptures at your own risk. Unrepentant sin is a no no.

As for stoning that was under the old law/old testament. Romans is in the new testament/new law. You should study in order to gain understanding of the scriptures.

Quoting verses and trying to bring folks to Christ are not judging.

You have a convoluted idea of "judgment.

No, they deserve death and Romans merely repeats the crime and punishment outlined in Leviticus. Nice try.

Did homosexuals deserve death by fire before Jesus?

Are y’all taking about Game of Thrones?

2 Likes

Doubling down on your lack of understanding and dodging the condemnation of gay behavior in those scriptures i see.

I don’t get why so many gays,and gay defenders, utterly and totally reject biblical teaching on the subject.

Abstinance is the way to go for gays. Eternity is far more important than the short here and now.

Why do you reject Buddhist teaching on the subject? Why do you reject Islamic teaching in the subject? Because those aren’t your faiths.

Why would I care at all what the Bible has to say about homosexuals?

Who did I accuse of judging in this thread?

What misunderstanding did I show? I simply reference the teachings of the Bible and if you think I reference them incorrectly feel free to correct me.