Dems to request Trump tax Returns

Whether a financial transaction is legal or not, according to the IRS, is not necessarily what Congress would be looking for.

Not a supeona, a request that shall furnished to the committee in a closed door session…

Allan

Congress investigated Clinton’s use of email? Could you remind us how it started again?

I never said that they didn’t. You are the one using the past to excuse the present.

But please, keep it up … 2020 is right around the corner.

Unfortunately, it seems you did say just that.

1 Like

Time will tell of course, but at least here and now in 2018 these past midterm elections showed that America rejects Trump by a large majority. This was a referendum on him, and America said NO!

I know that. What the Democrats would be looking for, is anything that they might be able to spin into a political issue. In other words, a fishing expedition.

… to address a specific investigation of a specific allegation. The investigation must start prior to the collection of evidence. Congress has no authority to dig through anyone’s records on the hope that they might find some suspicion of wrong doing.

What difference, at this point, does it make?

I’d say one of the last Americans who would ever want someone digging into his financials would be Donald Trump.

Yeah… there is no way someone could look into that and go “Yeah… it’s fine.”

1 Like

He was being investigated by Congress for specific accusations of impropriety. That’s not a fishing expedition.

Wait, back up. You’ve still contradicted yourself on whether you’ve ever said Congress has gone on a fishing expedition with the Clintons. Can you resolve this contradiction definitively?

Second, if you could, what was the accusation?

Yes, but the Democrats could easily blow that good will if they go on a vendetta against Trump. The American people want Congress to conduct their business, not to mete out political revenge.

Perhaps you don’t understand what a fishing expedition is.

Yes. I do. Investigating the Christmas card list is a fishing expedition. So what the Select Committee on Benghazi. Ditto two Congressional investigations into the death of Vince Foster.

Can you clear up where you contradicted yourself? Do you believe Republicans have ever gone on a fishing expedition with the Clintons?

There is nothing to clear up. Congressional investigations of both Clintons were for specific cause.

I think that is completely fair. I want them to perform the greatly needed oversight of this administration that the GOP-led House was derelict in their duties doing though. But I also would like to see them work to advance legislation that benefits Americans. Let’s see if they can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Then it should be an easy question to answer, yet you don’t. Funny.

What was the specific accusation with regard to Benghazi? Or with regard to the Christmas Card list? Or with regard to Vince Foster?

It’s funny to read this.