Dem's propse 3 trillion more in deficit spending -- with limited input from Republicans

Goes back to what I said with the first bucket o’ cash; give interest free loans, 10 year payback after showing a loss in income.

I don’t have an issue with conditions and controls, its the proposed conditions and controls at the start of the thread. To me it appears less to do with conducting smart policy and more to do with the Pavlovian Crumb Policing ® that gets trotted out every time tax dollars are going to be used for non corporate, non military purposes.

3 Likes

As I said, they may have more savings afterward than they did before. In the real world, people have problems, like, all the time, so that isn’t a really striking point to me. That punk ass 1,200 check they sent out wouldn’t cover a month’s rent in the ■■■■■■■■■ MS-13 controlled neighborhood in LA.

This one has same restrictions as the first one – from what I can tell.

The legislation extends the provisions in the forgivable loan program for small businesses known as the Paycheck Protection Program from eight weeks to 24 weeks.

You meet the guidlines and follow how it’s set up – forgivable loan. you don’t then you have to pay it back. I overherd a local business person saying what they are having to do to comply and how difficult it is. From what I heard – didn’t really bother me much.

Running the landlord out of business.

Again, how were these people in the MS-13 area paying rent before? How are they NOT able to pay it on the unemployment? I don’t think there are a lot of high paying jobs in that area.

Yes they do.

Sunday/Monday windstorm. I’m going to be out 500 to 1,000 bucks to get this section of fence replaced.

Of course.

To you.

:man_shrugging:

Not everyone is getting unemployment. The only people doing ok right now in those neighborhoods are the felons who can’t be identified through their masks.

For myself, I quit my bar job once I received a better offer for a decent paying job upon graduation. Then COVID-19 arrived and my offer was rescinded (definitely my fault for jumping the gun, but I had to get out of that situation).

My fence also got destroyed recently due in part to a windstorm and also to a neighbor’s negligence and absolute disregard for the state of their property. I’m at home taking care of a relative with Alzheimer’s and working on the house to keep busy in the meantime.

Yeah, to me.

If they were let go by an legit employer they are eligible for unemployment. If they were working under that table or other illegal ways . . . . guess what . . . they are NOT.

In Utah this would qualify you for the $600 per month unemployment due to the fact that it was through no fault of your own.

It’s an old fence – was old when I moved in. I thought it might last another couple years before needing replaced.

So why are you not getting unemployment?

As of 914 pm mountain time, here is how much CNN is cheerleading the “Pelosi Stiumus Plan”

One small headline: “Lindsey Graham: Covid-19 relief bill is dead on arrival”

There is no headline telling that it was introduced. No headline telling what’s in it. Nope. Nothing. Nada, just that a relief bill is dead on arrival".

:smiley:
:smiley:

That’s some cheerleading by CNN isn’t it. Even they know it’s a bad bill and don’t want to put the information out there.

You didn’t know the previous ones were means tested? Seeing as how I didn’t qualify for any of it, I noticed it was.

1 Like

Considering the make up of the Senate, input from the Republicans will not be limited.

Once introduced and passed in the house and sent to the senate they wall have input.

Come on, that’s a DIY.

Two 4x4’s and a bag of quickrete is under $50.

plus cost of whatever is needed to dig up the parts of the post still in the ground. The two leaning on the left has serious issues (posts in the ground are solid – the 2 x 4 cross beams are messed up). Some of the up/down wood near where the posts are are wacked . . . .

Won’t your neighber go in half with you? If he can’t afford it hand him the shove. :wink:

Can you swing a hammer without hurting yourself? Can he?

It’s not worth replacing with new unless you do entire fence. So reuse as much of old as possible. Then move. You’re neighbors are too close. :crazy_face:

Well, you gotta buy new posts too. :slight_smile:

(Your response was my first thought as well. But it’s really immaterial to this thread’s actual topic.)

What do you think the 4x4s are?