Dem's propse 3 trillion more in deficit spending -- with limited input from Republicans

Pipedream

1 Like

Dead ass.

2 Likes

A great man once said, “I have a dream”. :sunglasses:

Then a racist shot him.

So say three rommates . All three on unemployment. lets say minmum +600 a week. or 2,600 a week xy 3 = 7,800 a month.

Things that make you go hmmmmm

Even under my proposed balance budget amendment deficite spending would be allowed in a crisis like this. We did the bucket of water on the problem (aka 2 trillion stimulus) . . . now it’s time to start doing it more controleld and directed where it needs to go.

Subtract rents, car, insurance, utilities, credit card etc from that.

I was given over a half a million dollars under the paycheck protection plan. My goal is to give almost all of it back. I do not want children not even born yet, to bear the burden of this unnecessary debt. Thus far, all losses have come out of my pocket and I believe I see the light at the end of the tunnel? Not only that…but thus far, May looks to be my greatest month of all time. I spend government money as if it were my own. The problem is, I’m not King? :sunglasses:

Yeah, I’d rather be paying back for the pandemic spending than Iraq/Afghanistan/wherever the ■■■■ else the bombs are dropping.

1 Like

Yep. Hate is all around us my friend.

1 Like

Yes. I would too but if I had my druthers, I’d not have spent a dime on either.

2 Likes

almost 8 grand a month for three people sharing a place and you just keep adding stuff on. How were they living on their jobs before this happend? How were they paying everything? Remember the 600 a week is equivalent to 15/per hour.

Taxing each other and giving each other money indefinitely isn’t the way out of this either virus wise or economically.

1 Like

Rent for all three roommates is 4,500. The concentration is on housing because it tends to be the most expensive. If that rent is forgiven under some bill that will never be passed by congress, they are hardly robbing the bank with an extra few grand in their bank (best case scenario).
Paycheck to paycheck like a lot of people. Most Americans can’t afford a 1,000 dollar emergency.

As long as New York doesn’t try to tax it.

Of course New York will. Gotta pay for the Cuomo tax cuts some way.

Is indefinitely really the right word to use for this very finite situation?

Indefinitely is the correct word for a period that is, well, not definite.

So split 3 ways that 1,500 a month. They are NOT making minmum wage, so then you increase their regular unemployment from the minimum of $50.

Utilities – Also split three ways. An apartment – going to have what 150 a month total or antoher $50 a month. If they have phone, car, credit card, and that that goes well above what they will be getting . . . they have more problems that they know.

All this is just getting stuck in the weeds over some fabricated anecdote.

You were right, Snow, right at the top of this thread. If we’re going to toss a barrel of money, we need to have conditions and controls.

That’s the point at hand here.

There is always some exceptional case (whether real or imaginary) in a nation of 300 million people. And people who want to argue against controls are going to dredge up every exception case they can concoct.