"Dems Only" restaurants...Just like Whites only?

You must hate Bill Clinton. Oh and that Strozk guy.

Post of the monthā€¦maybe even year. My problem with many of my conservative friends here. They act as if we are at war and the enemy is liberals. Not liberalismā€¦but liberals. Half my family is liberal. I do not hate them, disparage them or belittle them in anyway. 4 years at a liberal arts school has turned my son more liberalā€¦ but we agree more than we disagree. The Trump version of conservatism is what seems deranged not liberalism. The Trump version of conservatives cannot be talked toā€¦not liberals!

2 Likes

Okay, I genuinely laughed and snorted even. Nicely done! :rofl:

With this being the case, I retract my earlier condemnation of her being the one making it public. I agree she likely was going to be forced one way or another to address it. And yes, the server who made it public was the one who was in the wrong here. Had they opted to not gloat, and follow the lead of the owner at the time, and kept it private and subdued, then this conversation would likely not be occurring.

Thanks for the clarification and correction here.

@Joanne as for the lack of denial from the ā€œother restaurantā€ or the Red Hen owner, regarding Mike Huckebeeā€™s claim of endured additional harassment, who is to say theyā€™ve even heard the charge? Yes, itā€™s been out there by him for a while, in the realm of us political junkies. But his daughter did not suggest as much, even though she has addressed every other part of this issue. Without additional confirmation, Iā€™m loathe to immediately believe Mr. Huckebee.

1 Like

Good post. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

More should stand up to this administration. Maybe for once der trumpengroper will realize he cant bend this country to his will.

Iā€™m pretty sure they know. Every avenue she is associated with has their FB and twitter being blasted with it.

A lot of it, the very stuff I think should not be posted because it reflects badly on our side, their side and humanity in general. :pensive:

1 Like

I was just going to do the same Nebraskaā€¦i have not watched or read any newsā€¦since yesterday morning. While I still think SHS has sold her soul. She is really not the bad guy. The fact remains her boss has fostered this environment and we can either go all in and be rude and ridiculous with our defense of himā€¦or we can try to be rational and see it from both sides.

1 Like

Itā€™s correct that Sarah didnā€™t make the claim, her dad did. And while I suppose itā€™s true the owners arenā€™t even aware of the allegation, it seems doubtful with the way news spreads. My guess is someone who knows the owners would have told them.

I used to like Mike Huckabee, although never wanted him for POTUS. But he seemed a very nice man, folksy and down to earth. Itā€™s sad to see what he has become in the age of Trump. Of course, that is true for quite a few conservatives, not just him.

1 Like

Sadly so true. The restaurantā€™s Yelp page was flooded with reviews, both good and bad, from people who had never even heard of the place before.

The same was done with the Masterpiece cakeshop after the SCOTUS announcement.

I do quite a lot of reviews for Trip Advisor and Yelp, and would never dream of doing a fake one, either positive or negative, for a place I had never even been to before, and just to score political points.

Itā€™s sick.

Itā€™s partly why I donā€™t have a twitter account and havenā€™t visited Facebook in over 2 years. Too much trash for my time.

There is lots of trash, to be sure, but I find good stuff too. And itā€™s a great way for me to know whatā€™s being said on cable news without having to watch it.

I do see your point though and think itā€™s a big reason why people avoid using those sites.

Facebook is insane.

Like denying service in a restaurant and then having an influential democrat telling everyone to keep it up?

Apparently none that were recognizable. Iā€™m sure theyā€™d be asked to leave if they were known.

You should be praying for the owner of the Red Hen.

5 Likes

Why? Please elaborate.

Sanders was asked to leave specifically because she was recognizable. That is the whole point. This argument that Sanders somehow represents all Republicans is lazy.

Not lazy at all. If anyone else was recognizable as a Republican, theyā€™d be asked to leave too.