Dems can't pass the stimulus bill

Simple solution. Legalize them.

Edit: I agree with you. Response box mistake there. Had multiple threads open at once. Whoops.

Huh? I was referring to non property owners voting to raise property taxes and the like.

1 Like

Three of you. Yes they did. With themselves.

I didn’t say it was with the gop.

Scroll?

Yes…the same reason the GOP did it to pass Donald Trump’s tax cuts in 2017.

They’ll ram it through … packages and payola are how DC rules.

If only all those bailouts, other stimulus packages and foreign aid for which there’s no enumerated power had never been passed. That includes those under Trump.

No, they didn’t.

Right if I understand it, they simply can’t pass the minimum wage via reconciliation.

So compromising didn’t kill it…avoiding any compromise did.

1 Like

Aaand i am wrong :expressionless:

1 Like

Not the GOP getting rid of the 15 minimum wage. They don’t need the GOP. Must be some democrats getting that thrown out.

We know the bribes that happened in the senate. Now what happened when it had to go back to the house? No need to try and change history. There are still many of us alive watched what happened. Need to wait another 30 years or so.

1 Like

No one expected 2000 dollar checks. We all knew it was going to be 1400 dollars to bring total to the original 2000 dollars that Stingy Mitch and the do nothing Senate he ran refused to be passed.

1 Like

The deal is, if it’s budget related, you CAN pass it with reconciliation. Sanders’ case was that higher wages will bring more taxes. Tragically, not enough senators agreed with him.

Those people in Georgia are probably pissed. I bet they did expect them.

Maybe your Biden shouldn’t have promised them if they voted the right way.

The deal is minimum wage is not budget related.

Dems making mistake of not rallying around Biden. They need to team up to implement their policies. This is no time for bickering.

Well, so say you, and a majority of senators. We shall see.

We already have.

It is.

Libs want to go north, cons want to go south, the political left seems to think compromise is going north just not as fast.

1 Like

You can reverse that and it remains true.

Well no…for today’s right, there is no compromise. They’ve been told it’s evil and wrong.

And actually most of the country does want to go north, just not as fast.