Dems can't pass the stimulus bill

It’s almost like having a president who understands the legislative process is a plus or something.

2 Likes

Having a President who actually understands anything is a huge plus over the last one, really.

2 Likes

compromise? lol, that’s funny.

1 Like

the same way it passed to begin with?

2 Likes

no they didn’t. can’t pass that in reconciliation.

1 Like

Well, Sanders’ case was higher wages bring more tax revenue. Had enough senators agreed with him, it would have been allowed in. Alas, he failed to convince enough senators.

“Let them eat cake their own.”

I actually don’t have a problem with this.

Stimulus should be applied for. You © should be able to show loss of income and or you job was eliminated due to local shut downs. For example, employment at a gym or restaurant.

Not everyone needs a stimulus check. Be smart about it and help only those who need it.

I have vendors who make products in California who keep getting shut down. Products are on back order until March/April. Who knows if they will even be shipped then. :woman_shrugging:

Why these people pay high taxes and live in a place that shuts them down is beyond me.

3 Likes

We pay these people to decide how we shouldn’t get that much money.

4 Likes

How is it a rule change?

:rofl: No they didn’t.

Nope they passed Obamacare under regular senate filibuster rules

https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/resources/affordable-care-act/history-timeline-affordable-care-act-aca

December 24, 2009: In the Senate, 60 Democrats vote for the Senate’s version of the bill, called America’s Healthy Future Act, whose lead author is senator Max Baucus of California. Thirty-nine Republicans vote against the bill, and one Republican senator, Jim Bunning, does not vote”

Allan

$2000 universal checks recurring. Let’s go.

Why this picking fly ■■■■ out of peper with the 50k 75k limits?

4 Likes

Saying “we pay them” implies we have a choice in the matter. We don’t.

You’re right, we sure don’t.

Because some people were whining about the last two payments due to being ineligible for them. If I can’t get it, why should anyone else?

Lets work together and reduce federal government bureaucrats by 50 percent…can you work with that?

1 Like

Yes…would have to agree on which ones…that opens up another argument…lol

It’s the same thing with clearing out student debt. Silly stuff.

I don’t know. Personally, I’m one of those people who thinks that people who aren’t paying the taxes shouldn’t be allowed to vote on tax levies. I can see where they’re coming from. I think if the government is going to dole out taxpayer funds, they should dole it out indiscriminately to all taxpayers. Why does the government get to decide who’s worthy?