Democrats see a convention bounce

I’m not arguing for or against any poll. I don’t put much faith in any of them. But 51 % is bigger than 47% so if polls mean something to you, then I wouldn’t imply that 51% is no big deal.

Aaaaand today’s Rasmussen only shows Trump down 1 :flushed:

Rasmussen Reports 8/19 - 8/25 2500 LV 2.0 46 45 Biden +1

Biden is up by three points over Trump among the battleground states.

“Though the survey shows a competitive presidential race, it found Biden leading Trump by a 49% to 46% margin across the key states. He has an edge over the incumbent in five of the six states, while North Carolina is virtually tied.” - Link

It’s pretty crazy it’s so close. I pretty much wrote Trump off back in June saying it was Biden’s to lose, because it look liked more and more people were blaming trump for the coronavirus and let’s be honest the economy was his one ace in the hole which the virus did in.

If it’s really that close in the battleground states I’d say it’s dead even, because I really do believe there is a percentage silent republican voters out there, not sure the numbers but I am pretty sure they exist.

With just a little over two months left before election night his side must be happy they are closing the gap. I still think Biden has a very slight edge right now, but probably like 1%. The thing that worries me is Florida looks like there’s a real chance Trump could lose Florida this year which means he would have to those rust belt states definitely would need Pennsylvania.

Still a little over two months left anything could happen, and then there is always the threat of the October surprise, regardless looks like we are likely in for another close election nothing like the wins Obama had over McCain and Romney.

This Presidential election will definitely be closer than Obama vs. McCain. It is possible that Biden could defeat Trump by about the same margin as Obama defeated Romney, but not likely. It is likely going to be a close Presidential election.

Very close.

Too much virus blaming.

Rings shallow.

The pre virus economy was just too good to forget.

If there’s a vaccine by September, who knows; Trump may regain some of his old mojo and the momentum, then it’ll be his to lose.

Hillary had it in the bag…

democrat polls are double plus good

If Trump pushes the FDA to forego the necessary trials to ensure the safety of the vaccine, there is no way in hell I will be taking that vaccine. I’ll wait for one from another country that has been properly vetted.

Yeah, less than 3% GDP growth is pretty amazing.

The voters will decide that.

I’m not living by the polls this year, as I got took in 2016 along with most other people. Obviously, as before the polls favor Biden. I do not one hopeful spot though (hopeful from my standpoint).

In realclearpolitics, Trump has made a move in the major battleground states and Biden is only ahead there by 3.7%, The hopeful sign? In 2016 the Democrat was ahead by 4.8% in those same states. And this election is not going to be determined by a surge of voters for one party or the other in California.

1 Like

The fact checkers don’t like President. Lamestream fact checkers suffer from TDS. That ■■■■ is worse than Chinese Wuhan Virus.

BEIJING JOE and the rest of em, a ■■■■■■■ Crazy. Did you hear Alfred E. GORE, former VP and climate change crazy, float that Our President would ignore the election. Lard Gore and Hillbillary Clinton are lunatics.

Link ?

The link iis just realclearpolitics.com. Its on their main page.
Look around.

Yes, I see the 3.7 % battlegrounds today. But do you have one for 4.8% battlegrounds from 2016 ?

Battleground bloodbath: Clinton leads Trump in 7 swing states

06/29/2016 08:14 AM EDT

Hillary Clinton is polling higher than Donald Trump in seven swing states, holding leads ranging from
4 to 17 percentage points, according to a poll released Wednesday.

This is even a higher lead and from earlier in that year. I was specifically interested in 4.7% from similar time of the year in 2016.

Look at these margined though in the article four months before the election.

Michigan Clinton + 17 points.
Florida Clinton + 14 points
Pennsylvania Clinton + 14 points
North Carolina Clinton + 10 points
Ohio Clinton + 9 points

1 Like

Yes yes, I am not disputing that she was up by a bunch, I remember it well.