Democrats gush over George Bush drawing parallels between 1/6 and 9/11

But Cheney’s intercession made it credible. There is no reason to think the Gore team would have been as
credulous.

3 Likes

:rofl: :+1:t4: Stick to The Narrative!

Not really though. A lot of the disinfo came from Ahmed Chalabi using a source named " curveball" and that got traction because of Chalabi’s relationship with Wolfowitz.

No Wolfowitz and it becomes much much harder for Chalabi to be listened to.

1 Like

No, we wouldn’t have. There would have been no political benefit in it for a Democratic president; the Democratic base never had a hard-on for Iraq the way the Republican base did.

1 Like

Any President who did not go into A-stan after 9/11 would have been tarred and feathered, then hung.

I think that’s fair, but Cheney is the main villain.

I did, and still do believe that Bush is a good man. But he was also a neophyte, and didn’t have the wherewithal that early in his term to resist.

1 Like

Agreed.

1 Like

Yes, we would have. The status quo became unacceptable on 9/11/2001.

We didn’t seem to have any issues with going into Iraq when an ex-CIA director (the very first partisan one in history I might add) was President.

Some think that the justification for that was also sold to the public.under false pretenses.

Sorry. This is just made-up, ■■■■■■■■ argument-by-assertion.

First, it’s a counterfactual, which is ■■■■■■■■■ Second, I wasn’t even super-lefty in 2002-2003, and I thought the war was insane. Now, Afghanistan–yes, we would have gone in. Iraq is a whole other kettle of ■■■■■

4 Likes

I wonder what we will learn as the 9/11 documents are declassified?

In relation to Afghanistan and AQ, yes.

But the Iraq fabrication and political trap would not have been set by Gore or Kerry IMO.

Arguably Democrats would never have bothered with asking for congressional approval for the war.

Clinton conducted a war with Serbia in 1999. Obama attacked Libya in 2011. These were major conflicts that results in deaths of thousands with no congressional authorization and barely a peep from Democrats in congress.

Democrats are itching for similar actions against their domestic critics. That is why they love Bush.

1 Like

Claiming Gore wouldn’t have done something as President is counterfactual.

We killed more AQ in Iraq than A-stan.

Hey, if you want to claim that Democrats are cowardly, or craven, or [insert derogatory word], that’s fine. But there’s no ■■■■■■■ way the base would have supported a full-scale invasion and nation-building effort under Al Gore in 2003.

1 Like

Nothing

Beginning on 9/12, the base would have supported attacking Neptune.

Yep…Kinda empty.

They’d have been gathering the sea shell tribute paid by Neptune for peace.

1 Like