Democrats gush over George Bush drawing parallels between 1/6 and 9/11

January 2017 after Trump criticizes the intelligence community…

Schumer: you take on the intelligence community - they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you.

They certainly did.

3 Likes

Well, top secret documents are classified for 25 years, with an option to extend for another 25 years. So, pretty much figure 50 years.

Then, they have to be pried lose, usually by research and/or FOIA requests.

This means that, theoretically, everything up to 1971 should be available.

9/11 was but a blip, a nothingburger, compared to the larpers wandering around the capitol sans tour guides for a few hours last January.

1 Like

Yeah, but Iraq was a perfectly laid political trap set by the politically savvy Bush Admin. It was virtually impossible for anyone with national ambitions to vote against it - except sanders, who voted no, and obama who voted present.

1 Like

They both accepted the misinformation about weapons of mass destruction used as pretext for the war. There is no evidence they would have done anything different in starting a war in Iraq. Once troops are there, it is very difficult to leave.

In addition, there is evidence that military officials are willing to lie and to ignore presidential orders to keep wars going. We certainly have seen that during the Trump Administration:

Here are some quotes from Gore and Kerry in support of the war based on the false weapons-of-mass-destruction narrative:

“We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.”
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

“Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.”
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

“I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force — if necessary — to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.”
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002.

“We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass
destruction. “[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime … He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction … So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real …
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes | Snopes.com

Ah…but neither would have had Cheney as V.P., and Cheney had extensive influence over the intelligence.

In short, the Bush administration manufactured the evidence to go to war. Your quotes provided were a result of that manufactured intelligence, and therefore are not the proof that you think it is.

1 Like

Of course we would have.

Everyone knows about the Saudi Arabia government involvement in 9/11.

The only thing that needs to be clarified is to what extent.

Allan

Plus you wouldn’t have Wolfowitz as Sec Def and Ahmed Chalabi would probably not have been taken as seriously.

1 Like

Pure speculation.

Who knows if 9/11 terrorists attacks occur?

You know that Bush was apprised of the terrorists hijacks planes and ignored it.

Who knows what would have happened under gore?

Allan

I could have sworn you posted something about Bush’s IQ.

:rofl::+1:t4:

The Narrative lives!

1 Like

We would not have gone to Iraq or Afghanistan if Gore were POTUS.

Come on man!

I think Gore would have attacked Afghanistan. The country would have demanded it.

Yes, the CIA and the Pentagon manufactured evidence to go to war. They would have done the same with whoever was president. Of course there is no way to prove what-if scenarios like these.

We have seen the deep state battling against the elected government since 2016, and they have succeeded in removing the president from office.

The same kinds of struggles have been going on for decades. Is it an accident that CIA files from the Kennedy assassination are still classified after almost 60 years?

Cheney and Rumsfeld are the dynamic duo behind both wars and it isn’t even questionable.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1021515333651682840

In the how soon we forget about things category.

Allan

Because Cheney would not have been VP

My how soon we forget.