Democrats are getting nuttier by the day. What is wrong with you people?

Systemic racism is what you resort to when examples of actual racism become difficult to find. You blame the system. Because blaming the system does not require actual names or examples.

3 Likes

My opinion, the title of this thread, the article and what’s actually happening don’t match :man_shrugging:

But carry on kicking up dirt and mumbling about libs or whatever

2 Likes

What is your opinion of the actual subject? Do you think it’s a great idea to claim that asking for a correct math answer is white supremacy? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah did not see any of that in there…

My opinion on a optional micro course over math instruction?

I think it’s it great, I do my best to keep myself educated in my field, for teachers that see a value in this course power to them :+1:

Nobody asked your opinion of that. Totally different topic. You answered a question that was not asked. I’ll try again. Do you believe that requiring a correct answer to a math problem is white supremacy?

Don’t over think it.

It’s your OP…that’s what I meant by it being all over the place :man_shrugging:

But carry on trying to be “clever” :man_facepalming::joy:

Carry on dodging a pretty damned simple question.

Do you believe that requiring a correct answer to a math problem is white supremacy?

1 Like

What a dumb silly question…but expected

Hate to say it, but it’s already spread! (Gasp!)

Here’s a page from the Texas Association of School Boards, which includes all 1,025 school districts in the state!

https://www.tasb.org/members/enhance-district/addressing-equity-diversity-and-inclusion-schools.aspx

Look at their recommendations!!!

If you’re ready to dig deeper in understanding equity, these websites are a great place to start.

This reading list of books is another great resource for understanding how our current education system was built, how far we’ve come, and how much further we still have to go.

It seems no child is safe from a school where education occurs with concern for racism or equity. These are surely the end times!

:roll_eyes:

Stop trying to stay on whatever vague topic this OP presented and focus on the real question!

Do you believe that requiring a correct answer to a math problem is white supremacy? Huh?! Do yah?! :rofl:

The best part is, that’s not even what the Equitable Math course is saying. There are correct and incorrect answers. What they’re saying is to put the emphasis on “complex, competing or multiple answers” then teach how different answers are reached, both right and wrong.

It’s on page 66 of their book.

Facilitate deeper understanding of math, not just focus purely on the right answer. I know, horrible stuff.

What a chicken ■■■■ reply…but expected.

It’s the basis for the entire freaking thread.

This question was not posed by me. But by the educators in Oregon. Man up. Don’t be skeered. Is it white supremacy or not?

Do you believe that requiring a correct answer to a math problem is white supremacy?

Can I ask a follow up… I asked it about but got no answer.

How is math racist?

I have no idea. You will have to ask them. They have really done a poor job of explaining this. They typically do not explain their lunacy. They simply declare it to be fact. They’re liberals. That’s how they roll.

That’s not what they’re saying. I gave a link to the exact text.

The Oregon Department of Education is promoting a program for teachers that seeks to “disman[tle] racism in mathematics,” **alleging that focusing on finding the right answer is a symbol of white supremacy.

Either they said it or they did not. The most racist thing is that liberals think minorities are incapable of doing math, so we should not expect correct answers from them. Truly horrific stuff.

Not focusing purely on getting the right answer does not equal not not requiring the correct answer.

The focus is on the process of finding answers, both right and wrong and learning from that process. They still need to get the right answer or answers.

Not a difficult concept. Discussed in the material from the course that was linked.

These false dilemmas/straw men are boring. Anyone can make them up.

But they DID call it white supremacy. Did they not?

Also not a difficult concept.

White supremacy culture. The concept has been around for at least 20 years. I’m sorry if this is the first time people have heard of it. The focus entirely based on the end result rather than process is a part of so called white supremacy culture. The ends completely justifying the means.

White supremacy culture vs white supremacy vs white supremacist. There is a difference. Your source left out the “culture” part. The actual course material didn’t.

1 Like

Regardless of all this focus on complex, competing or multiple answers…how is focusing on the right answer a symbol of white supremacy?

1 Like