Democrats and "traitors"

Actually, the southerners staged a coup and were enemies of the people, much like, say, The New York Times. Or The Huffington Post. Things like that.

2 Likes

Is that the official stance of the U.S. Government, or just your personal opinion?

Yes, if Democrats were really concerned about not honoring traitors, then why did they nominate one of the co-conspirators in the multiyear coup attempt to overturn the results of the 2016 election using the power of the surveillance agencies?

The Democrats are very good a projecting their own plots and plans onto Trump. Here is one example:

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/16/fearing-jail-and-facing-defeat-trump-will-not-leave-office-quietly_partner/

I actually agree with the opening statement, "In the age of Trump, no depravities are beyond the realm of possibility . . . " But the depravities have been committed by Democrats and their allies against Trump and his supporters, and they have been doing everything they can to invalidate the constitution.

I think it has become perfectly clear that this has nothing to do with the confederacy.

If you destroy the founding fathers. You also destroy the reason to respect anything they have written or done. Including the bill of rights.

2 Likes

Yes, applying the standards of the modern cancel culture to people who lived centuries ago is absurd.

At the time of the ratification of the US Constitution virtually every country in the world had some form of slavery. The US was unique not because a portion of the population lived in slavery, but because most of the population enjoyed rights and freedoms far beyond what existed in the vast majority of the world.

I am much more concerned about the Russian-funded “not-my-president” movement and coup attempts from the surveillance agencies than what statues are in the Capitol.

Bingp.

The constitution is all that stands between us and totalitarian marxism.

I agree except Durham wont have a report like Horowitz, he’ll be actually prosecuting people.

Nah. Feel free to critique Joe all day. But doing so just to avoid calling out Confederates for their treason is quite sad.

I read up on this not too long ago. Grant promised Lee and similar promises were made at other surrenders.

Still there were trials scheduled for davis and others, but they never occurred.

I can live with the idea of secessionists being labeled “traitors”, but when the people who fought through it decided otherwise it speaks to a better understanding than I’ll ever have.

There is absolutely no justification for the left’s insanity regarding the issue of confederate statues and flags.

A black man gets killed in a “northern” U.S. city, run by nothing but dimocrats and suddenly the statues all have to come down.

Not buying it.

2 Likes

It does. And if you demonize the founders enough or pack the supreme court, you can bring it down.

Our founders did meaningful things in their lives. These modern crybabies, not so much. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

There’s only one card-carrying member of the Presidential Harassment Club.

It’s election season and Democrats were hovering over like vultures waiting for an event like Floyd with Soros money at the ready. They do this every election, except this time they have a half dozen investigations going on against them.

In addition to voting for the restoration of citizenship for Confederate leaders, Biden called a group that displayed the Confederate flag “fine people”:

Did he express support for traitors?

The Confederate leaders were all Democrats until they renounced their citizenship. Should the Democratic Party change its name given its history of support for slavery, rebellion, Jim Crow, etc.?

Biden has been silent on condemning Antifa. Is that another example of support of traitors?

1 Like

The Kid Sniffer is the racist old rich white guy with dementia the left deserves, not the one they need. :wink:

1 Like

That is correct.

Nancy needs to get a tutor and open a history book.

Ok. Thanks.

"Mr. Biden is but the most recent in a long line of pretenders to grits, but he may be the first to invoke slavery for political points. His first reference came during an interview last summer with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday. Mr. Wallace asked Mr. Biden how a “Northeastern liberal” could compete in conservative Southern states against someone like former Virginia Gov. Mark Warner (at the time a possible contender).

Mr. Biden replied: “My state was a slave state. My state is a border state. My state has the eighth-largest black population in the country.”

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-2006-12-08-0612080143-story.html

How many confederates were charged with Treason?

How many were convicted?

You can’t commit treason when you are a citizen of a foreign state and a lawful combatant.

He was attempting to free slaves by force. You “forgot” to add that fact.

Allan

Allan