DEI-PRA Discussion-Culture Wars

I’ll start with a simple question:

What is the difference between a DEI Program Manager and a Political Commisar in China?

1 Like

It’s a simple question.

:rofl: Not with a 10 foot pole?

Nothing…they both push propaganda and indoctrination in attempt to control individual minds.

1 Like

Its a stupid question to try and prove some sad pseudo intellectual point.

4 Likes

Posed in bad faith.

In terms of theory there’s some difference. Political commissariat are inherently tied to a military structure.

In terms of practical effect there’s not that much to be honest. A commissar is a commissar. And they come in many shapes and flavors.

And funnily enough everyone hates them.

1 Like

After the Fire would never sing “Don’t turn around - Oh Oh Ja Ja - Der D.E.I. Program Manager’s in town”

1 Like

In China and previously the USSR. In the US, is it the military or something else?

And the US military has DEI Program Managers as well.

I understand.

Equity-equal outcomes, regardless of whether the inputs are equal or not.

1 Like

Political commissar-is a supervisory officer responsible for the political education (ideology) and organization of the unit to which they are assigned, with the intention of ensuring political control of the military.

Diversity and inclusion managers oversee an organization or department’s diversity efforts and initiatives, and may play a lead role in evaluating the current practices and company culture. They advise managers and staff on strategies and best practices to promote and foster diversity and establish an inclusive and welcoming work environment. They develop and create training programs to educate teams about diversity issues and illustrate ways to increase and encourage diversity within the organization. Their duties may also include investigating concerns or reports related to discrimination or harassment.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Career/diversity-and-inclusion-manager-career_KO0,31.htm

To be fair that only deals with how they’re organized. They don’t have to be military by any means. Also if we are including Maoism we must mention that the “military” is inseparable “from the party” which also means it’s inseparable from the politics.

There’s a reason Xi Jinping has three positions. General Secretary of the Party, President of China, and Chairman of the Military Commission. Under a Moaist system none of these can be separated.

1 Like

Agreed. I think we can all agree that there is no difference in the function of the two.

The military is one of hegemonic targeting, I think.

1 Like

The goal is assess and promote political reliability. And to punish political unreliability.

The Red Army had a habit of shooting them when they got the chance during World War II. They tended to make their jobs a lot harder.

But then again there were some good commissars who went above and beyond their jobs. I’m always reminded of that famous photo of a Soviet commissar leading men against the Germans with a Tokarev. He was gunned down by the Germans seconds later. Unlike most of them he was a believer and willing to die for the cause.

I hope the OIs will be along soon.

exactly, my company has a DEI vice president.

no employee give two ■■■■■■

Allan

1 Like

Great post. Thanks for stopping by.

So we all agree there is no difference between a political commissar and a DEI position in the US?

Someone getting paid millions as a VP for DEI???