Like most Conservatives, I support the idea of the death penalty for the worst of offender, and like most liberals, I acknowledge the corrupted legal system in this country and the disproportionate convictions.
With people like the mass shooters we immortalize on the cattle feed networks, I just can’t stand the idea of them being allowed to live when they offered no such options to their victims.
This made me remember a case of a (IIRC) man in Utah who demanded to be not only executed, but executed by way of firing squad.
Should convicts be given the right to request execution, and perhaps even the manner in which they are executed?
- Convicts should be given the right to be executed upon request, but only for crimes that would land them X amount of years or more.
- Convicts should be give the right to be executed for any crime instead of serving time.
- Convicts should be given the right to be executed, and have a say in how it’s carried out.
- Convicts should be given the right to be executed, but have no say in how it’s done.
- Convicts should not have the right to decide to be executed.