Dealing with depression, mental illness, and the sadder aspects of life

So sorry to hear that. I know what it’s like to lose a pet.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully he’s in a better place now, where he can roam free. May God watch overy him, and you guys as well. Hugs. <3

1 Like

So terribly sorry to hear that LucyLou! We spend every day wondering how many more we will get with our little girl. She was 14 in February, the average expectancy for her breed is 12, so each day we look on as another bonus. She is almost totally blind, but she still gives her stuffed toys a work out, and she still chases our cat. No other health issues. But we know it is coming.

We know we may have to once more perform the cruelest kindness ever, and help her along, as you put it.

My heart goes out! Think though about all the joyful moments. All the millions of tail wags possible because of your love and devotion.

:frowning_face:

1 Like

So nice!

:blush:

Garden Update!

Been harvesting our pickle cucumbers, they are really coming in now. Have picked about 5 tomatoes so far off three plants. Got some small radishes. Some small jalapenos off one plant that eventually died. We have been harvesting zucchinis. Our watermelon plant has a bunch of babies, one is already tennis ball sized. Here I thought we would lose that plant in a pot transfer. We finally have a second cucumber plant ready to bear fruit.

I did have to replant some green beans. They should be sprouting any day. Right guys? Any day now! :thinking:

Learned a lot of lessons this time out! Just wait until next year!

On a personal note. My wife is not really up to snuff. She will have a couple good days, then boom, it all falls apart for three or four more. I keep praying for her. It hurts so to be so helpless.

Things are not at all well with me. (That is just one more thing affecting my wife.)

Mentioned my back pain and how it had impeded my gardening. Well the pain has been relentless. So I saw my doctor, then got another MRI. Not good. Not good at all. Will be getting a serious CT Scan on Thursday. They will probably be scheduling surgery soon. They suspect I fractured a vertebrae and my stenosis (narrowing of the spinal cord channel) has become extremely pronounced. There was other problems with the lower lumbar but after I was told about the others I kind of fogged up.

Not looking good.

Just saw this.

Care to share your secrets?

This is all sports betting?

I am ever so sorry to hear that, LucyLou. But, it is wonderful that he had a good home for his remaining years. I think animals who’ve been abused early in their lives are so much more appreciate of their new owners and somehow know to appreciate the better life you’ve given them.

So, what a blessing he wound up with you.

I have a rescue who was severely abused. She used to bolt whenever she’d see an extension cord. Now, she just kind of looks at them slightly wary. It took me three years of love and earning her trust. Now, she’s an amazing dog.

She is turning all grey, so I will be losing her sooner than I will ever be ready for. I can’t imagine how heartbroken you must feel right now. Sending positive thoughts your way :pray:

BTW, has anyone heard from Six Foot? His last post was June 10th…Kinda concerned about him.

Sorry to hear that. It’s good you guys were able to give him a home & experience joy with him.

Sounds like s beautiful garden, & with jalapeños for hot & spicy :hot_pepper:

Sounds painful. Prayers you will have a safe surgery & full recovery. Sorry to hear your wife isn’t faring well.

1 Like

“I have a rescue that was severely abused.”

Wouldn’t it be neat if there was a lower level of hell for those who abuse animals & people who can’t fend for themselves?:japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

We are dealing with Anxiety Issues with one of my daughters she has very high Anxiety breakdowns. Took as 2 freaken years jumping from doctors one issues to finally be diagnosed correctly it seems. Then this year it took 3 months to just get an appointment with a Psychiatrist to get her on an Anti-Anxiety medicine.

We are now also trying to find a Therapist to work with her and us on the Anxiety. as well.

The lack of resources and Therapists that are covered by Insurance companies for kids is appalling low. The reason they don’t participate they don’'t get paid enough from the Insurance companies.
I can tell now that the Mental Health in the USA is terrible. Even in a liberal state like CT. I also don’t think it will be fixed by government run healthcare.

Thanks! It is greatly appreciated!

It is. Thanks! We have poblano peppers growing as well. It is a thing of beauty to me. Considering I was born without a green thumb.

Poblanos too? I’d watch out for spice thieves raiding that garden.

1 Like

@reflechissez
@Janet_Miller
@FlameHeart
@LouC
@DMK
Thank you all for the kind words. Yesterday I was totally numb and exhausted. Everything happened in a chaotic whirlwind beginning in the very early hours of Sunday morning to an early morning vet visit on Monday morning with the dire diagnosis to the Tuesday morning vet visit.

This morning I wake up and now it hurts so hard and it is so real that he is gone. Yesterday’s numbness and exhaustion is gone.

It will get better. He had a great life.

I still have my other little girl dog, she is the apple of my eye and always by my side.

Thank you all.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this. Is your daughter under 18? My daughter had an eating disorder in her early teen years and I was appalled at the lack of a decent network of mental health care for kids. It was a struggle the whole damn time.

For what it’s worth. Does she have a regular medical doctor? Any damned general practitioner is qualified to prescribe anti anxiety meds like Lexapro or any of the other regularly prescribed antibiotics anxiety meds. She should have not gone without for 2 years while waiting for psychiatric care. Push your general practitioner harder, or find another. Most should be more than willing to prescribe to help with anxiety. It’s not a rare thing.

Lou, I am so sorry to hear of the medical issues of you and your wife. Damn, that makes me sad. I will keep you both in my prayers for healing and health.

I’m glad to hear of your little doggie. I hope you two have her many more years. I still have my sweet little girlie dog. She is by my side all the time.

1 Like