DEA Declares Cannabis Schedule III

Is this good enough or should it be legalized completely for recreational use? I mean, it’s a step in the right direction, anyways. Also, still awaiting Biden’s desk approval.

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

Agreed. Not in a country that sells alcohol in drive-thrus.

4 Likes

Doesn’t go anywhere near far enough.

3 Likes

I lived across the Mississippi River from a town like that in Louisiana. My ex and I would go across the bridge, grab some daiquiris from the drive through, and then go back home and drink them quick.

1 Like

Its a step in the right direction bit needs to go further. Legalize completely.

2 Likes

Grow it if you want to. It’s a freaking plant.

Unless your state specifically banned Delta 8 products and its variants, you can go to just about any head shop, gas station, or tobacco shop, and buy it for a lot less than you’d spend on traditional Delta 9 cannabis from the dispensary.

My favorite brand is ELFTHC. I get 5 gram disposable vape pens for 40 bucks plus sales tax (no special cannabis tax like at the dispensary).

They have 8 gram pens for 60 bucks, but those don’t hit as hard, they’re more like puffing on a Virginia Slim. :rofl:

Anyway, you’ll want to check with your state laws. Here is a map from 2023.

Delta 8, Delta 10, Delta 11, HHC, THC-P, THC-X, etc., are all psychoactive variants of the CBD molecule, derived from federally legal hemp.

Cannabis is already mostly legal on the federal level; but more importantly, it is very lightly regulated. The more you legalize it, the more regulations you’ll get, the more it will cost you (in terms of money and freedom).

Careful what you wish for…

2 Likes

See, I wondered about that, if this was just an end around to control the market. Because we know it’s not about your health, it’s about whether or not they can control the sweet stinky weed you can grow in your garden.

1 Like

It’s always about control. They’ve had 6 years to see the market develop. It’s becoming very popular, and ripe for extra taxing (in the name of safety).

Stinky? My friend weed plants smell delightful.

2 Likes

Only if they find a way to eliminate that pungent odor. Non smokers dont want to be fumigated with that Peppie LaPew smell in the already not necessary in a climate changing sensitive environment.

Perhaps a smokeless e-joint or electronically controlled vapor mechanism with be the next avant garde roach clip that will coexist with the adversed bodily osmidrosis bromidrosis inflicted on non participant bystanders

Agreed. This new stuff is incredibly pungent.

We would have wet ourselves back in the day!

I always thought it smelled fantastic.

Then again I smoke cigarettes so my sense of smell probably isn’t like most people’s.

It’s not bad, it’s strong. A lot of people don’t like it

Every time I come out of retirement for a week and smoke somebody hands me a bowl of some new strain I never heard of back in the day and I get absolutely special needs after taking just two or three hits. It’s a lot stronger than even ten years ago, that’s for sure. Then again I also don’t have a tolerance anymore either. I’m pretty sure if I smoked a bowl of some dirt Reggie right now I’d be a complete boat accident for at least an hour.

4 Likes

It’s definitely more pungent. I smell it coming out of passerby cars all the time. I wonder if they don’t know or just don’t care.

Back then did you laugh and giggled alot while smoking and had the munchies for food afterwards. Or this only happens to Kamala D. Harris.

One dental use of pot is using it as laughing grass.

Dave.
Dave.
Are you home Dave.

Daves not here

Same here. That worries me just like it would if I saw someone drinking and driving.

1 Like