DC may review Trump hotel's liquor license over challenge to President's character

Going after Trump’s liquor license is akin to going after Al Capone for tax evasion. As to Capone, it worked, but the issue wasn’t taxes any more than Trump’s issue is his fitness to own a business that serves alcohol.

The issue is that foreign officials and businessmen stay at the hotel and put large sums in the Trump Organization’s pockets while they are in Washington negotiating with the Trump Executive Branch. The issue is blatant conflict of interest.

If Melania Trump had a Foundation that took in donations from foreign nationals to pursue a variety of projects defined by Mrs. Trump and her family and those same donors showed up in DC a few years later seeking to negotiate with the Trump White House, everyone on the right would be up in arms because they would recognize what they found so swamp-like in the Clinton Foundation/Secy. of State Nexus.

What the hotel does is shorten the time frame between the contribution and dealing, and rather than having most of the money go to do-gooder projects, all the money goes to the Trump family.

Can you spell “swamp” for me please

I don’t see how even Trump supporters cannot see The Trump Hotel as an open invitation to influence buying.

4 Likes

So tell me what would YOU do as a libertarian?

I just told you. I’m literally calling you out for it right now. Do you need me to draw a picture for you?

Yes. I made my position known about three years ago right here on this forum…that I had nefarious reason for supporting Trump…or did you forget that?

So tell me…why are YOU giving them a pass on their authoritarianism?

How can you call for something without endorsing it? The two are synonymous.

Easy.

Why do you feel their shouldn’t be any repercussion for your abuse of our goverment?

I’m not. Why are you personally attacking me instead of discussing the topic of the thread? I thought that was supposed to be verboten here.

Yeah, but you stopped with that when he won, and you’re just another trump supporter who has abandoned his conservative pricinicples in favor of your Cult of Personality/Authoratarian day dream

Then you are endorsing repercussions in the form of using the govt. to punish your enemies.

I mean, you’ve said you want it to happen - you want the GOP to use the govt. to punish libs. That is endorsing that behavior.

1 Like

Now who attacking who here?

All I asked you is why giving them a free pass being a libertarian and all?

And that’s an attack?

Because it needs to happen…why do you feel you’re the only one that’s allowed to use goverment as a weapon against your political enemies?

Well Black libs understand the power of the government. We don’t need anymore help from conservatives. Thanks!

I never gave them a free pass. I never even commented on it. You, on the other hand, claimed not to endorse such action while openly calling for it and I said in doing so that makes you a hypocrite. I also said anyone who doesn’t endorse such action would call out others for calling on the government to commit such actions. You’re accusing me of stating something without me ever actually stating anything remotely resembling your accusation. How is that not an attack?

Spare me your race card…it’s been outdated decades ago.

That’s right…you never commented on it when it’s them…right?

So then you endorse it. Glad we cleared that up.

Am I obligated to? That seems pretty authoritarian. I’m wondering how it isn’t a conflict of interest if Trump is tied to a business that is seeking to obtain a license from the Executive branch of the government. The very branch he is the current head of. I would think if Trump had done as he had promised while he was running and turned the reigns of said company over to someone else, this wouldn’t be an issue right now. Am I wrong?

Weird response… do you think I am lying about that?

Carter kept his nuts to himself.

I hate to play whataboutism but it’s deliciously ironic to see Trump slurpers complain about accepting election results when Trump, the birth-certificate candidate, didn’t accept Obama’s legitimacy for years. And when he did, only did so because it was politically expedient.