Dave Chappelle on the Jussie Smollett Incident . He's Skewering the inquisition

Because he is liberal… what did you think of the 2nd amendment joke? Was he accurate?

What about the abortion part?

Yes, he’s a liberal. But that’s the point. When you have liberals starting to laugh at the silly knee jerk racism and homophobe reactions of the left, you are in big trouble… That’s a major cultural shift.

The media jumped the shark believing Smollett immediately.

I’ll say this - and I’m probably in the minority here, and, of course, response to comedy is highly subjective: DH and I watched the Chapelle thing on Netflix and did not laugh once. Now even comedians I don’t particularly like, ones I probably wouldn’t pay to see unless they were on a bill with someone I did want to see - they’ll get one or two laughs out of me.
I never watched his comedy series, heard of him, but haven’t seen him in anything I can recall, but this special got such glowing reviews, and because I generally like standup, but I found it boring. Nothing unique in his presentation, spin, timing. The bit about being called in to HR when he did his show was interesting only because of the recent Walter Mosley incident.
Interesting that some other comics say Chapelle is among their top 10 comedians of all time.

Big fan of his earlier work, and there was some funny spots in the new special but it didn’t seem as overall funny as previous stand ups imho.

I liked the bit about buying a shotgun for trespassers on HIS property and the shot types…

:do_not_litter:

The Smollett stuff brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard…

1 Like

Look out for flying doll houses…

:derelict_house: