Daddy, Why Do You Carry Your Gun to the Door?

Doctors. I have seen three different doctors since turning 50. All three have recommended an initial colonoscopy in the 50s, with a 10-year interval thereafter IF no problems are found. Because when caught early, colon cancer is quite curable. If not, it is quite likely fatal. Polyps are not necessarily cancerous, but they can and often do become cancerous. If you are prone to polyps, you are prone to colon cancer. If polyps are not found during one colonoscopy, they still can develop later, thus the 10-year check. Its no big deal to have a colonoscopy, but it is a very big deal to have colon cancer.

Huh. Imagine that.

1 Like

I had 17 firearms with me for a class I was teaching last weekend plus carrying a Sig 1911.

Strangely, no mass shootings spontaneously erupted with all those guns present.

Do you “fear” the rain? Why carry an umbrella?

Do you “fear” bleeding out from a minor wound? Why then have a first aid kit?

Do you “fear” having a flat? Why then carry a jack and a spare?

Recognizing bad things can happen and having a plan and the means to deal with them doesn’t equate to “fear”.

4 Likes

Based solely on your own prejudices.

Bad things happen, be prepared for them and you have no reason to fear them.

Slight correction, it isn’t the firearms that are a problem, it’s people illegally possessing and or using them that is a problem.

Nobody has a better reason to be well armed than the law abiding folks stuck in those neighborhoods.

2 Likes

If you lived in a high crime neighborhood you’d “get it”.

PSAT, problem solved.

A PSAT does not find pre-cancerous polyps; that finds your eligibility to enter college. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you mean PSA test 
 which is an indicator of possible prostate cancer, not colon cancer.

The only non-invasive test for colon cancer that I am aware of is the test for blood in the feces. And that does not indicate cancer, it indicates bleeding which might possibly be due to cancer. Then they go in and look.

You mean none of those weapons jumped up off the table and “went off?” Meanwhile 4,100 people were shot in Chicago in 2020. Yet the libs think you are the problem. They suck.

1 Like

PSAT, T for test.

You’re right I was somehow thinking prostate while he was talking colon.

Brain fart.

There is a non invasive test for colon cancer though, see “cloguard”.

Basically they just check the fluid from your stool for cancer cells under microscopy.

There’s also another that tests for specific immunochemicals called I think the FIT test by Pinnacle.

Somehow this gun thread has gone to ■■■■■

4 Likes

No ■■■■■

Prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I wear my seat belt doesn’t mean I’m afraid of getting in a car accident. Or, as previously mentioned if the day is cloudy and I carry an umbrella with me doesn’t mean it is going to rain.

I suppose it is difficult for some to extrapolate the same logic/motivation in preventative healthcare to preventative home security.

You © could argue both are motivated by self preservation.

People need to get their crap together.

6 Likes

And quit farting around.

6 Likes

I disagree with the last statement. The doctor punctured my dad’s colon during a colonoscopy. Thankfully they were able to repair it with stitches and not require more drastic measures. That was certainly a hell of a deal.

Sorry, I let a little hot air slip.

Any invasive medical procedure carries some risk. A colonoscopy is way down the scale of risky procedures.

Interesting OP on No Knock warrants.

Can we get behind this type of legislation rather than defunding or profiling?

Focus on sameness. Home is a sanctuary.

3 Likes