Daddy, Why Do You Carry Your Gun to the Door?

Stats please?

You need to get out more.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/12/24/authorities-shot-teen-during-botched-raid-her-home-suspect-was-already-jail/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2018/07/27/mississippi-cops-went-to-the-wrong-house-and-killed-an-innocent-man-a-grand-jury-just-refused-to-indict-them/

Just a quick search…Looks like it happens more than you think.

But not nearly as often as you wish it was.

Keep in mind there are 12.7 million arrests done by police every year.

And those instances you talk about got full media scrutiny for days if not weeks at a time.

If there was a full blown holocaust, you would be able to keep up with a calculator. let alone extensive media coverage.

Try again.

1 Like

Where did I insinuate that? I said numerous…and there have been.

It’s not.

No we don’t. Typically this is blue state, liberal society. Out here in the conservative, red state burbs we don’t need to do that. We are among the most heavily armed and peaceful areas in the world. We are not scared at all.

3 Likes

Meth heads are one of a variety of reasons that I carry. And it’s not uncommon for me to answer the door late at night with my revolver drawn the few times I’ve had people randomly show up after bed hours. Fortunately it’s always been friends just showing up. But you never know and it’s better to be safe than sorry. The stakes are too high not to take precautions.

4 Likes

I carry if my clothes allow it. Out here in the burbs life is as peaceful as anywhere in the world. My chances of needing it are nearly zip. But they are not zip.

2 Likes

The home owner shot his own house and missed the perp from 25 feet? He/she needs a lot more practice.

Hmmm…Think about that statement for a second.

Don’t confuse “prepared” with “scared”.

If you are prepared you have little or no reason to be scared.

2 Likes

Once again you begin with a false premise.

Really poor choice, least likelihood of success and highest likelihood of being charged with, tried, and convicted murder.

You’ll never convince a jury nor most prosecutors that your intent was not to kill from the start if you’re taking head shots when center mass was available.

“Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it”.

3 Likes

Perhaps. “Five rounds center mass” for close encounters. Long range targets solutions aren’t that difficult with practice. Why waste Ammo?

If you’re not concerned/scared something could happen, then what are you preparing for?

I’m prepared for a whole lot of possible contingencies, that has nothing to do with fear.

You recognize that something bad happening is possible, and you prepare to deal with it if it does. No fear involved in that chain.

1 Like

Zero truth to this statement. Just blaming blue vs red with zero facts.

Actually the crime stats prove it absolutely true.

One of the main reasons people move to suburbs and to small towns is lower crime rates.