D.C. Statehood vote

For the same reason the US citizens of Puerto Rico will never have representation… perceived impact on the balance of power in DC.

Sorry there will not be any changes to DC in terms of greater representation even if it’s logical. Nor will there be changes to the crazy electoral map system on a systemic level- though I do see individual states considering making changes.

What I would love to see is a million of the liberal California residents move to Florida and the Rust Belt to tip the scales in national elections. Ha ha…

And give up their high taxes?

I think there is compromise they can make.

give D.C complete control over their local laws without Congressional veto and Republican can keep their two Senate seats.

Nope…moderates gave the dems the house…

Yes and if you look at 2018 things reverted back to dems gaining. .soo…look al Bundy…let it go

The simple fact if its about a power swing then the gop should follow its own advice. Win these people with your ideas…but you cant do that…

1 Like

Are you going with the we have a mandate thing again like the year obama was elected? What happened two years later? The power in the house could swing again in two years. But just keep believing that mandate and pushing far left ideas.

If we’re going to start doing city states, I have a few ideas…

Separate Austin from the rest of Texas?

There are parts of Jackson that I would like to separate from the rest of the state…

No, Austin is in the center of the republic. We’ll just move UT to Berkley.

I was thinking more about the good people in places like California and New York who aren’t being represented because of the numbers in the ant hills.

No one in New York or California is lacking in Representation in Congress.

Oh yes they are.

Nope. They get to vote for Representatives in both the House and the Senate.