Cutting aid to Latin America could backfire on the WH

Usually the money stays at the top and doesn’t trickle down so much. A lot of the problems in these places are the government and giving aid is propping them up.

Oh and btw I can make a clear US national security argument for not screwing with a country’s remittances as they DO, unlike foreign aid, have a big impact on poorer nation’s, and removing them helps neither them nor the US.

But you’d have to understand how foolish an idea it is to believe remittances have a “crowding out” effect in an economy as large as ours…and you haven’t shown any evidence of understanding how foolish that idea is.

Israel gets 3.2 billion… We need to cut that

That’s pretty much eacacrky what you said when the Trump tax cuts went through and anybody with eyes pointed out it was going to explode the deficit and debt. You “hoped “ something against all reality and common sense would take place.

Now in a similarly easily predictable situation you “hope” something magical happens. We have to wait and see!

2 Likes

When Trump and God walk along the sandy beach, neither leaves footprints.

2 Likes

Does trump have the authority to cut this aid? I honestly don’t know.

Wasn’t aid cut to Pakistan? There is a lot of loopholes the president has on foreign policy and trade that they don’t have domestically. Which is why we hardly see congress voting on war.

How about we take that aid and use it to train the young men coming here in caravans to overthrow their home govt which can’t govern. Right now, They just leave the rest of their people to starve and live in poverty when they come here… Kind of selfish. But, they could redeem themselves. Sounds like a great CIA program.

I can’t tell if you’re putting out this idea in jest or not but we’ve tried that in the past.

It’s not gone swimmingly if you didn’t know.

No, it’s brilliant! See, we generate funding by selling weapons to dictatorships and other unsavory nations throughout the world, and then secretly funnel that money into insurgency programs for developing nations in our own backyard. What could go wrong - it’s virtually foolproof!

I could think of one or two things that might go wrong with a plan like that…

I-ran the numbers, and I have to say they Contra-dict your dire predictions.

Considering the “aid” to these countries mostly winds up being funneled to the well connected and corrupt burocrats, why bother?
The “migrants” aren’t benefitting from US dollars and their own goobermints encourage them to go to America where everything will be given to them.
Nice scam.

Sure extortion after we screwed up their countries…same thing totally

How did the tax cuts explode the debt? Federal revenue is up, not down, since they took effect.

Except its not.

How did lowering tax revenue lower tax revenue? Hurrrrr.

Ah Trumpkins: “Let’s step on our Cheney, see if that hurts!” The first twenty-odd times weren’t enough to learn the lesson, apparently.

…not “magical”…hypothetical.

Nooooooo…it’s more like a Pelosi…let’s pass it so we can see what’s in it…kinda thing. :sunglasses: