Cutting aid to Latin America could backfire on the WH

Cutting off aid is the first step. If the problem of people seeking asylum doesn’t stop or gets worse the next step is going to be a military invasion into central America.

This money will be replaced by Chinese and Russian money. Both of those countries are eager to exert influence in our hemisphere.

So how exactly does Ecuador benefit from this ‘invasion’?

Yeah…that’s what’s happening…:roll_eyes:

Like trump, you aren’t using the word ‘invasion’ correctly.

You’re smart enough to know Trump is not some brilliant eleventy-dimensional thinker, so what is your motivation for pretending that he is?

The ■■■■■■■ GOP motto. Just say it into perpetuity and hope that people forget that the outcome of the last effort was a ■■■■ show.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

1 Like

They’ve adopted the Leroy Jenkins approach to governance.

/meme

2 Likes

At least I have chicken tax cuts.

1 Like

This. This is the only topic he has left. He tried healthcare and swiftly punted on that forever.

We’ve giving them aid forever and it’s obviously not worked. In fact I think foreign aid hurts developing countries because it makes the leadership wealthy without having to fix their country.

Yes, they done such a good job making Venezuela work. And Cuba too.

One would be hard pressed to make a quantifiable case that giving this aid has really benefitted the American people or has made those countries any better.

You really don’t know? 1.22 billion dollars a year in remittances from the US as of 2017. Which may not sound like a lot to you but it’s over 2.5% of their entire GDP.

For all the concerns about invasions, I would think you wouldn’t want to give mother russia a launch pad for a real, honest to god invasion of the USA.

Wow. And they mail that money right to the Ecodorian Government? No wonder they are invading us.

Do you feel the same way about Isreali aid?

You don’t think governments have an interest in their GDP or their economy? Are you serious?

I think your Fox News talking points are foolish.

You realize that people leaving a country creates a DRAIN on GDP, don’t you? So all those invaders remove themselves from the economy, come to our country, boost our GDP, then send some scraps back home.

And you think the Ecodoriam Govt. is sponsoring an invasion…so silly.

The bulk of those remittances are from legal activity.

Which is why all talk of using remittance fees to fund the wall was ridiculous.