Current Status of FBI Reform

What does reform mean? If you do it again we will be even madder than we are now? Who cares? The supervision may have been part of the problem. Unless people are held accountable for their misdeeds, reform means nothing.

No it isn’t it isn’t political when you get arrested for beating your wife, getting a DUI, or for writing bad checks.

Politics however drove the passage of laws crating progressively more severe penalties for each of them.

Laws arw determined by politics, so their enforcement and interpretation is political, too.

You’re just making things up now Sam.

Look what happened when he fired them.

I don’t think so. He’s on to something.

I don’t think so.

Politics drives what laws get passed and what emphasis is put on enforcement.

The cop simply doing his job is not doing so out of political motivation.

As I said, when you get a ticket, a dui, or arrested for beating your wife it’s not political but politics drove getting those laws passed and the ever increasing penalties.

That makes it political.

No, the arrests are not political. The passage and prioritization of enforcement of the laws certainly is.

Of course the arrests are political. As is prosecutorial discretion etc.

What else do you call it when a sheriff refuses to arrest for gun bans? The police don’t arrest for weed? Broken window? Stop & Frisk?

That would be refusal to enforce the law on constitutional grounds which indeed would be deemed political even if it was not done for political purposes.

What happened?