Current Status of FBI Reform

The FBI was told last month by then FISA Presiding Judge Rosemary Collier to prepare steps to reform their interactions with the FISA Court because, as she said:

“The frequency with which representations made by FBI personnel turned out to be unsupported or contradicted by information in their possession, and with which they withheld information detrimental to their case, calls into question whether information contained in other FBI applications is reliable,” Collyer wrote."

In a meeting, Wray apologized for the FBI. “The FBI has the utmost respect for this court and deeply regrets the errors and omission identified by” the inspector general, wrote FBI Director Christopher A. Wray in a statement included with the filing."

Wray offered up a detailed 12 step program, the steps of which are not listed in the article, to improve the FBIs credibility. This includes increased supervision.

The problem, as we know, was that details supporting the FBI case were cherry picked but evidence such as Pages history of reporting his contacts to the FBI were excluded, creating the false impression that he may be working with the Russians.

So, is this something that a detailed checklist can really prevent? If there is no political bias, it may. If this was more than just a series of mistakes, then no.

My opinions, a random selection of other FISA cases should be examined. If the same type of errors reappear in those cases, then the FBI is a general mess and a major overhaul is needed. If no or few such errors reappear, then there was something peculiar about this case that made it interesting to some people in the FBI.
So which was it, and will a 12 step program work?

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-apologizes-court-botching-surveillance-144949528.html

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: oh the irony!

This includes increased supervision.

That’s what caused the problem.

Don’t get me wrong, but ■■■■ the FBI.

2 Likes

I don’t think I got you wrong.

Wray is a big part of the problem. He’s done all he could to cover up what went on in an attempt to “protect The Bureau”.

The way you protect it is remove the perpetrators, prosecute those who broke the law, and lay the new law down so everyone knows that in the future repeating the same will land your ass on unemployment and in prison.

When I encounter problems at ground level…I don’t look around. I look up. Who is running this show? That’s the actual problem. Even though Wray is the replacement, he’s not correcting the problems. He’s covering up for those that made them and making excuses. He is now a part of the problem and needs to go.

1 Like

i agree. investigate other FISA’s. the fbi at upper levels has obviously become political.

I think the President should be FBI director. That way everything will be perfect.

But FBI director Christopher Wray is a Republican. And Republicans were very Pro-FBI before Trump became President.

1 Like

It was always political.

3 Likes

Protecting the machine is his job. They would burn this country to the ground to do so. They are institutionalized.

1 Like

Trey Gowdy isn’t doing anything.

1 Like

Always have been.

i didnt say “when” they became political

tsk

1 Like

Became implies a time period or a period in time . Would you be interested in pointing out when exactly you believe it became political?

i see we should all just be accepting now that they were/are always a political org

saw that coming

When it started would be impossible to define. When it became obvious was with Trump’s election.

4 Likes

So it wasn’t under Edgar?

I think to some extent yes. I think Waco can be discussed as political. Bugging 60s “radicals” as well

how about conspiring to thwart and then overthrow the results of a presidential election?

Oddly, both sides have complaints. We know the results of the Horowitz review and we will know the more extensive FBI review.
However, for real election impact, the statement by Comey (apparently caused by the delays of Strzok) that the Hillary investigation was being reopened may have had more real influence…and against Hillary.