Cuomo to Out of Work New Yorkers - "It's Not All About You"

“The illness is death,” Cuomo responded, before dismissing the reporter’s assertion that extended financial strains and a broken economy would lead to suicides and other deaths rivaling COVID-19 fatalities.

Addressing protestors directly, Cuomo said, “It’s not all about you.”

Gov. Cuomo went on to say that he “gets” the economic hardships, but stressed that it could not be addressed “in a way that jeopardizes public health and possibly causes more people to die.” He also acknowledged that there was a delay in unemployment payments.

The unidentified reporter pressed further, asking, “Is there a fundamental right to work if the government can’t get me money when I need it? Is there a fundamental right to go to work?”

Cutting her off, Cuomo fired back, "Sure, you want to go to work? Go take a job as an essential worker. Do it tomorrow."

He is reopening the stare by region. Gasp.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/new-york-to-ease-coronavirus-rules-by-region-to-reopen-state-economy-11587501981

He’s 100% right.

But, he needs to fix any delay in unemployment payments with an executive order. Most governors seem to be dropping the ball on this.

The systems for distributing unemployment, foodstamps, and other assistance should have been designed to handle this load, rather than being designed to fail as soon as they are stressed.

The President noted today that Governor Kemp was opening certain businesses too soon by the way. Fascinating when compared to what the Blaze is trying to push

1 Like

Public health is important.

1 Like

The Essential vs Unessential divide grows.

Starve so we can save the comorbides.

If New Yorkers get ticked off at Cuomo, he can buy them chocolate. I mean…it works on the west coast…amirite? :sunglasses:

Cuomo’s right. If someone is out of a job, right now, instead of pissing and moaning about it, there’s plenty of essential jobs in the grocery industry one could temporarily apply for.

Plus the headline in the OP is misleading. Cuomo said that quote to protesters, not to all out of work New Yorkers.

No :hearts: for the Unessentials or those who dare say no.

Cuomo will find a way to enforce his unenforceable mandates. Drones, snitches…whatever it takes to quash free will…

:hammer:

Bootstraps?

:hiking_boot:

I think the herd has the upper hand just by moving forward.

Leaders need to play nice. I think they forgot for a moment.

:hammer:

What is Governor Cuomo’s current approval rate? Is it more, less or comparable with D Trump’s current approval rate?

What is Gov. Cumo’s current approval rating?

…it’s directly proportional to his state’s infection rate…amirite? :sunglasses:

That seems to be a particularly facile assertion that his approval rate is directly proportional to the state’s infection rate. One would have thought that if there was any correlation it would be inversely proportional.

Lose a $40 hour job, go work at a $15 job and give up that goobermint cheese to do it? :rofl:

2 Likes

This forum always lectured that anyone accepting government cheese was lazy and a free-loader. Was also lectured that if jobs were available, those on the cheese should get off their lazy asses and work.

How has this changed? :thinking:

2 Likes

He’s a little testy like little brother Fredo isn’t he? :grin:

1 Like

Well, for one thing, those comments were generally directed at people whose jobs were not taken “temporarily” by government edict because of a panic. Usually more employee involvement. For another, it is nation-wide.

And I had no idea how sweet it is! If I go work stocking shelves, I lose my cheese.

2 Likes

There’s always a caveat. Always an excuse.

3 Likes