Cuomo to Out of Work New Yorkers - "It's Not All About You"

Is there? Strange. How are you different?

You asked how is it different. I told you.

It is…on a federal level. :sunglasses:

He knows the NYC mass transit system has sunk the numbers for the entire country.

:hammer:

Yeah they are usually jammed in like sardines in those subways.

2 Likes

He has a mess on his hands and is ruining the economy of the entire nation.

Personally I think he is doing better than Wolfe and Wittmer.

He is hearing both sides.

So we CAN’T stop NYC mass transit…but we CAN stop Unessentials everywhere else???

They are missing the issue of transmission and proximity.

If I am a cook or a waiter I am taking that job to go from Unessential to essential.

Should be a lot of applicants.

I am seeing a level of panic and cowardice I never thought I would see.

The risk does not justify the fear unless you are in bad shape. Then you can’t do the work anyway.

That goobermint cheese is sweet! Made a believer out of me.

They miss a lot of things. I’ve always been thankful not to live in NYC.

The wife and I travel a lot and she asked me one time if i would like to visit NY. I quickly told her no!

Closet i ever came to a visit was a plane change at the NY airport enroute to Ireland.

1 Like

I really dislike this arbitrary “essential” vs. “nonessential” distinction. When is it ever “nonessential” to provide for your family? And make no mistake, this IS making it difficult to impossible for the poorest among us to provide for their families. Period.

We may think it’s necessary, but let’s stop with the “it’s not that hard” thing. For many, it is an extremely difficult time.

Precisely!

That’s exactly what your prior reply described. :arrow_down:

Essentials rule…literally.

Worth that 600 stipend if you ask me.

1 Like

You and me both. I have never had a desire to go there…just because of it’s density.

Now? I just laugh…

:laughing:

That’s a region by region thing. There aren’t enough “essential” jobs to cover everyone out of work. There just aren’t.

1 Like

I think the pandemic has brought out the worst in us in a lot of ways.

The hordes of correspondents pelting anyone in the public eye with thousands of questions – many crafted to foment discord – is a very forward example of that.

And a guy gets pummeled with an avalanche of questions and makes a counter-avalanche of responses, and then we pick out one statement from that library of statements and make the latest political crisis about that. And people fight with each other over it.

I, too, agree with what Cuomo said as it was quoted in the OP. Except that he said a whole lot more words than I would have said.

He simply should have said, “Time for you to shut up. Next question…”

1 Like

Unessential is now the excommunicated minority based on the arbitrary designation of elected officials.

I never envisioned a media as pathetic as what the White house briefing has exposed.

:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

My daughter’s family visited NYC a few years back. Her boys were 10 and 12 at the time. At one point the 10-year-old started whining that he needed to find a place to wash his hands. Mom asked, “What’s wrong. Can’t you wait? Why do you need to wash them now?”

The kid relied, “They smell like … like New York.”

1 Like

Imagine if just once they said, “Mr. President, what can we do to help?”

3 Likes

Just once…exactly. Direct their venom at the virus, not Trump.

:see_no_evil:

1 Like