Criticizing the press

:point_up_2:

1 Like

:laughing: :rofl:

The press should NEVER be free from criticism…even by the President. Speech is free. Free speech doesn’t scare me. I can choose to listen and decide for myself what’s right, wrong, sick or how ever else I’d personally categorize your words. It’s when the words are being stifled in the name of hate speech or as what’s being done now…to purge free speech from internet platforms that claim it violates their rules. This…is the greater danger. Grow up people. Open your eyes, your ears and your mind. Free speech is honest and equal. Purging speech is not. It’s subjective and someone becomes a judge. That’s dangerous.

2 Likes

Yes. The judge is and always has been and always will be the person who owns, operates and pays for the platform which hosts the speech.

I am counting the days until a Democrat similar to Donald Trump wins the presidency and just goes after Fox News and Rush Limbaugh like the current Donald Trump goes after everybody else. The future president can even give all the Republican media personalities childish nicknames. This board is gonna flip out.

The internet and the new social platforms are something that “we” are working our way through right now. You witnessed the aged politicians questioning the tech giants…didn’t you? They were uninformed, misguided and didn’t understand what was going on. If this doesn’t get handled…fairly…equitably…and freely to all…free speech is being attacked and I can not/will not condone it.

Great. Start your own social media site where you allow any (legal obviously) speech. Let me know where you get the funding to pay the bills to run it because you aren’t going to attract many (legal) sponsors. Until then, don’t tell others who have decided how they run their own platforms.

Former CIA director John Brennan has become the latest member of the NBC News and MSNBC family, officially signing with the network as a contributor.

Brennan will serve as a senior national security and intelligence analyst for the networks, the company announced Thursday, adding that his first official appearance will come on this Sunday’s “Meet the Press” with Chuck Todd.

John Brennan calling the US President’s performance "nothing short of treasonous."

People are smarter than the press gives them credit. They think people will eventually turn against Trump.

1 Like

I don’t need to. If they operate in the US, they must adhere to our Constitution and it says…free speech.

Freedom of speech has never required any private citizen to pay to propagate the speech of someone else.

Trump Republicans will never turn on Trump. He’s their last hope.

Now, swing voters? Who knows.

We have never encountered a medium such as these. Their claim is “neutrality” but they have an internal department dedicated to regulating what’s inappropriate. They too should also be regulated so that the same regulations and restrictions are being applied equally and not stifling/filtering by a non-neutral guideline.

The President isn’t going after the news media so much as he is slapping back at the fake news in the media. Those of us who have been watching the media for decades are wondering why people have not been pointing out all along the weaknesses that have been steadily growing in the media. Slanting the news certainly is not new, but when the slant is such that it falls flat, “fake” is not such a bad description.

As for labeling people with unflattering names: I would hope that all would agree this is a personal trait best not emulated.

1 Like

Reporters called Obama a racist. Your point?

Omg you just described the fairness doctrine. Are you serious?

They can claim whatever they want but at the end of the day the person paying the bills for the medium is the only person who should decide how that money is spent.

All negative news is deemes fake news. That’s fighting back for sake of PR Rather than for the sake of truth. You guys don’t get that for some reason.

If Facebook should be regulated by the government to ensure free speech, then shouldn’t the Hannity message board be regulated in the same way? If not, you’re going to have to explain why the constitution applies to Facebook.com but not Hannity.com.

You can’t even criticize the host here. Is that not an infringement of my free speech? When I got a one week time out for something I posted, is that not infringement?

What Trump voters will not do is turn to those who apologize for America, who come to D.C. with $$ and leave it with $$$$$$$$$$$. Democrats must realize they were doing things, and allowing fellow Democrats to do things without ever calling them to account. All Democrats have to do is to stop raking in money for their personal accounts and make fellow Democrats accountable for their actions. Right now, too many Democrats are throwing toddler worthy tantrums simply because they lost an election. I don’t want such people in charge. On a personal note, until Pelosi is out of office I will not vote for another Democrat. After that, if they grow into a little maturity, I’ll see.