Crazy people should get help and take their meds

She’s on American Airlines no fly list.

I once was greeted by a U S Marshall asking the origin of our flight that just landed.

I let him know, and an attendant lead him to a woman who had lit a cigarette in the lavatory.

Did the marshall just not like her behavior?

Nope.

She was endangering a plane :airplane: full of passengers and crew, a federal offense.

She has a right to be crazy and not take her meds, that’s what liberals argue!

1 Like

Wow, so glad that cigarette didn’t bring down a passenger jet. Close call.

1 Like

Yes, you are absolutely right that the rightously indignant have brought up that foolish notion.

1 Like

Are you talking with the narrative talking points guy in your pocket? You should do something about that.

Janet I think you are on to something

But most people do care. Anytime I was on a flight where a baby finally stopped crying, everyone would start clapping.

As far as this lady goes, would anyone care if she wasn’t putting others at risk with her actions? If the door could be safely opened and she could step out, would anyone try to stop her? I know I wouldn’t.

I like that photo of crazy lady’s deranged gray hair, duck taped to seat with a nice piece of duck tape over her mouth, glaring at the cell phone photographer. Someone should have hung a sign on her and topped her with a tin foil crown.

I would have given her the one finger salute as I walked by.

Two, one, two, three, four
Ev’rybody’s talking about
Bidenism, Pelosism, dimism, stupidism
This-ism, that-ism, is-m is-m.

All we are saying is give sanity a chance

C’mon
Take your meds, get mental health, off the streets, in a group home
No more living on the streets or under a bridge.

download

You can call it anything you want. I call it bizarre behavior. A grown woman disrupting a flight.

I don’t get it.

If it’s determined an individual with tuberculosis is a threat to public health, at least some of the U S states have confinement laws:

Won’t the severely mentally ill who go without treatment be a threat to public health, from ■■■■■■■■ in their homes in the street to various airline disruptions to massive loss of life?

Perhaps if Adam Lanza had been involuntarily detained, many children and adults in Sandy Hook, Connecticut, would still be alive. It’s time to call de institutionalization and allowing the severely mentally ill to make their own choices the foolishness they are & return involuntary confinement to those who refuse to comply with a community based treatment program.

1 Like

Ditto

You know what would probably help? Not voting for people who keep cutting budgets for mental health facilities and treatment. Elections have consequences.

1 Like

That is a classic strawman if I ever heard one.

A strawman really? Do you think mental health treatment is provided for free and health facilities run on magic? :laughing:

1 Like

Not sure either party or the other has a monopoly on closure of mental hospitals. Here are some examples that are most familiar to me as it’s my current state of residence:

Am most familiar with the Grafton State Hospital area. The area that used to be located is a beautiful rural area, but by the same token, the severely mentally ill have been thrown under the bus.

It’s a shame that, rather than improving the care provided in mental hospitals, the entire baby got thrown out with the bathwater.

Liberal attornies got nuts released because of their rights to be crazy. They sometime violate my rights for the pursuit of happiness.

Mental health facilities and treatment? Care to define what that entails?

Don’t hold your breath. The person did not have a talking point answer

Taxpayer support for state inpatient mental hospitals.

Personally I’d rather support this option than severely mentally ill living on the streets or in jail because there’s nowhere else for them, or see a family exhausted by the care their severely autistic teen requires.

Institutionalization would allow loved ones to visit all they like and give them peace of mind not wondering where the individual will go once they’re too feeble to provide care.