Crazy people should get help and take their meds

There was a guy who went nuts on a plane in like 02-03 and the passengers stabbed him to death with pens.

1 Like

positive

fed law prohibits it.

the Obama era rule (which even the ACLU opposed) was too broad in its application and would deny people with mental disabilities who posed no danger to anyone, such as those struggling with eating disorders

of course NBC hard hitting “news” isnt going to mention that (or any opposing viewpoints at all) because their mission is overtly to smear trump with their tabloid level outrageously anti-trump birdcage ■■■■■■■■■ coverage

but i know that’s why people love nbc “news”. cluelessness is fun

She tried to open a door mid-flight.

That’s not simply a matter of “not liking someone’s behavior”. She endangered every passenger on that plane.

If you want to participate in the conversation, do so honestly.

2 Likes

Don’t over-think this. Her behavior threatened every passenger and crew member on the plane. I don’t care what word was used to describe that. Crazy. Irrational. Unsafe. Sinister. “Not polite”.

The behavior was a threat to everyone. Kudos for the crew that they could restrain her without injury to anyone at all – not even to the “crazy” lady.

I certainly wouldn’t be criticizing it even if a flight attendant konked her over the head to stop the threat to the flight. What she was trying to do was a threat to the life of every person on that flight.

1 Like

I think you may have over thunk it a bit. I was responding to forcing crazy people to take their meds.

Who get to decide?

Not whether or not someone who tries to take down a plane should be restrained.

Yeah, I had a bad disconnect there. My point addresses the concerns about duct taping the lady.

No prob. I’m an expert at bad disconnects. I would have wrapped her like a Christmas present.

Speaking of conversing honestly:

Those commercial airliners don’t have doors that are designed to open mid flight. You do understand the cabins on those are pressurized, right?

Never mind that there has never been a single instance of someone opening one of these doors mid flight and there is no law against “trying” to do so.

Not sure how someone “trying” to open a door that can’t possibly be opened by hand is a threat to anyone anyway. Irrational fear takes the place of due process it seems unless we’re talking about guns. Makes perfect sense.

Beat me to it, on the other hand, someone trying is a pretty good indicator they don’t mean well. Now I have to wonder if I just went on the no fly list for googling ‘can you open a plane door mid flight’.

Ask every single person on any plane if they are okay with someone trying to open the door in mid flight. Then ask the flight attendants the same question. Nobody cares about your aviation expertise. They will want the person restrained. Every single person will. You might be the only one in the world who believes we just let them work on the door until they give up. Sorry dude. This is an argument that you will never, ever win. Give it up.

There is no requirement that you understand.

Pretty sure that might have something to do with them not knowing its impossible. But any erratic behavior on a plane is not going to be tolerated.

Is it? Or maybe she just decided she wanted off the plane. Too bad there aren’t professionals who could determine that. Oh wait.

Where my rights?

Again, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Really. That was pre-covid.

Ok my rights would have been violated if crazy lady was let off. I am glad she was hog tied and duck tapped. Crazy people should not be allowed to ■■■■ up someone else day. My rights are an unrestricted pursuit of happiness and the American dream. She acted up and threaten an airplane full of people. She should be barred from traveling again unless medicated and in a straight jacket.

Oh so “every person’s opinion” trumps the Constitution now, facts and the laws of physics be damned eh? How very Authoritarian…

I don’t disagree with any of that.

Well, maybe some of that about “rights” - you don’t have a right to not have a crazy lady on a plane with you - but I agree with her being restrained, and certainly empathize with the other passengers and crew.

Back in the day people used to ignore the crazies instead of feeding them with constant attention. Nobody died either. Weird.