COVID Relief and the Strategy

Too late for political strategies. The republican party couldn’t herd its cats and execute when the people needed help. They won’t find an ear who’ll listen to them now.

4 Likes

No he hasn’t. There is no bill. The dems already rejected a proposal for a clean bill for UE and I believe rent.

1 Like

If they send him a bill, and they are only sending him a package bill, that’s for certain, if he doesn’t sign he loses the election, he loses the Senate, the House majority increases, state legislatures flip all over the country.

There’s no “I’m taking my ball and going home” play on this. Leave the American people high and dry and the economy will be in ruins by November. They will not be kind to the GOP. No one cares about your principled stands anymore.

2 Likes

So, Democrats wont allow a bill for unemployment and rent? Why would they send him a poison pill bill they know won’t be accepted?

1 Like

The “clean bill” was for like a month, six week extension of UE.

1 Like

Ah. A clean bill like the one proposed by the senate? That includes 1.75 billion doe a new FBI building? Lol. I am sure the 32 percent of Americans who cannot pay their housing lives that.

2 Likes

No leaving high and dry anything. They are prepping the EOs now. He’ll do what he can and then some.

The dems will then go to the judiciary to get a stay to prevent him from helping the people. He should have a series of 5 minute press conferences every time they do something. Just walk out there and tell what they did, then walk off. No questions.

4 Likes

Compromise. Send one for unemployment for a longer period and drop all the Dems wish list that has nothing to do with the virus.

1 Like

Also they never had a bill for it. It was an offer for the House to pass a new bill. The Senate Republicans couldn’t bring the Ten Commandments to the floor right now.

3 Likes

Better than what we have today.

I think we both know it’d be a very bad look for Trump to veto a relief bill in the middle of a pandemic… right before an election.

4 Likes

What, Democrats going to the court to block relief for COVID-19? Is that a good look?
They may have a legal win…

3 Likes

Pelosi and Schumer already said it.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Ted Cruz and Rand Paul. They split the Senate caucus with their revolt and that’s why they’re not in reconciliation talks right now.

If McConnell survives this, they’re finished as long as he’s the leader.

1 Like

Because this is the first time they have pissed him off.

1 Like

On an issue this important? This close to an election? That will almost certainly cost him the majority leadership? No.

I agree. Drop the FBI building and drop any Democrat wish lists. Get back to Unemployment relief and rent relief.

3 Likes

Exactly when Pelosi has been out there all summer stating clearly that democrats want more unemployment benefits. Imagine Trump staying on task trying to send a reassuring message to those Americans who are struggling. Lol.

If the Republicans in Congress were smart, they aren’t, they would put up a clean bill through the end of the year at 9:00 Monday morning, get the President to promise to sign it, then demand a vote. Every Republican votes for it. Let the Dems vote it down or refuse to bring it to the floor.

5 minute press conference.

1 Like

There’s no reason to do this. They’ll likely let that precedent stand for future moratoriums on things like student debt and deportations.

1 Like