COVID Mitigation Questions

The kids will be alright.

I don’t see how you can say that. How could you possibly know that?

Compare this to polio.

Because kids are like salamanders.

1 Like

It’s a respiratory transmission. Compare it to the flu.

Oh they will adapt. I don’t believe they will be “ok”. They are already withdrawn. They need more socialization, not less.

2 Likes

Half is half regardless of what we are talking about, but as far as proximity density of students, the only number that matters is the number of students in a classroom.

You are putting way too much thought into the masks. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Largest class last year was the 1st/2nd classroom with 9 kids. lol

So … same as before the pandemic. :wink:

I don’t live in the middle of the North Pole.

Me and you already held their hands, got that look from across the room, snuck that kiss, got that wink.

It makes me sad to think they won’t.

1 Like

Yep … and at worst, kids are forced to socialize on their phones from home rather than socialize with each other on their phones sitting next to one another. :wink:

I would agree with this assessment, with a caveat - there is still media out there downplaying a) the severity of the virus and b) whether CDC protocols involving masks and social distancing are effective in reducing the risk of transmission. As such there may well be an increase in the number of people who either don’t see the virus as a threat or grow increasingly impatient with protocols designed to protect others more than themselves. We’ve already seen this is some cases where the younger crowds are gathering at bars and other venues will little regard for masks or distancing.

That’s how building and maintaining a good immune system is accomplished. :wink:

The Japanese have the better option. Bow, no touching, large personal space.

Agreed. I remember a polio outbreak pre-vaccine. Our parents were freaking out worse than anything I have witnessed over the last several months.

We were talking about the psychological effect on children, yes?

Says who?

Maybe they will go stir crazy and actually make a voice call and double their social interaction from pre virus times.

This self isolation fits right into my lifestyle … no big deal. But then I’m not dependent on a job for income nor do I live with children. I consider myself very lucky even though my age puts me at greater risk.