COVID Mitigation Questions

Listening to Faucia on CNN. Can somebody explain to me what good it does to go “alternate days”?

What’s the thinking behind this?

I assume to maintain social distancing.

1 Like

Reduce overall student population in the school at any one time which will allow the school to more easily social distance.

2 Likes

Well, that was easy. Thanks guys.

So strictly a numbers game to reduce the total population at any given time.

Thanks.

So, 24 kids in the school at one time instead of 48? :thinking:

I would imagine so. Many employers are considering this as well.

My employer is reconfiguring all their buildings so that social distancing can be maintained but its putting a strain on the available real estate.

My mother-in-law is a social worker - she’s been working from home, outside required home visits. Her office went to an alternating days system this week, for the same reason.

Same with Mrs Nemesis employer.

I think its a good idea.

I changed the title to open it up a bit. I’ve got some other questions.

So how long do you guys think we’re going to have to wear masks and avoid physical contact?

What kind of psychological effects do you think this will have?

My daughter’s employer too. Only half the employees onsite at any time. Other half works from home on days they don’t come in. For social distancing.

My work has opted for this as well. Funny that most of the supervisor types opted for the Tues and Thurs while giving the rest of us M,W,F… l Imagine that.

1 Like

More like 12 rather than 24, but yes.

1 Like

Well into next year. Even if a vaccine becomes available in January as they optimistically hope, it will take several months to vaccinate enough people to allow us to go back to business as usual.

As far as the psychological effects, I think most people have already gotten over the denial and panic and have moved on to acceptance. Continuing on, particularly with an end in sight (the vaccine) shouldn’t create any new psychological issues.

What about this?

Is your local school that small? Mine is.

I’m talking classroom size. The average elementary school class size in this country is 23.1. The average secondary school class size is 24.3.

I’m talking Pre-K thru 8th. lol

1 Like

I work in a medium-sized preK-12 private school. As I understand so far, we will have all kids at school, but on a block schedule so we only meet half of our students each day. But that is the plan now. That may change by August and my guess is that we will shut down again come flu season.

So we’re looking at a year?

I am talking about the psychological effects of faceless people and no physical contact. Not knowing half the people you study or work with. No shoulder to cry on.

Imagine being a 12 year-old looking for a first love. No hand-holding, no sneaking a kiss.

Are we at risk of becoming NPC?

What is the difference between this and the grey uniforms of the cultural revolution?

2 Likes