Couple in New York both test positive after initial recovery

You are. Appeal to pity.

The course we’ve already committed to. What’s yours? Besides saying “that’s the theory” and “nothing we can do but hope.”

1 Like

It’s sad. No one can be pragmatic anymore.

Your course isn’t working. And it’s not sustainable. You sound like a french general in WWI.

Three possible explanations for the apparent relapse:

1. The original virus lurked in at least one of their bodies and returned after they had lost immunity

2. They cleared the original virus but were infected with the same strain from someone else or from virus still present in their house. A study showed that SARS virus could live four weeks in a refrigerator:
    Can Coronavirus Survive in Your Refrigerator? Here’s What a Renowned Scientist Told Us – NBC Bay Area

3. They were still immune to the original strain but got infected with an new strain that was sufficiently different that the original immunity was no longer sufficient to prevent infection

None of the scenarios is reassuring that a vaccine will be completely effective, but no vaccine is 100% effective.

Yes this is totally comparable to the cult of the offensive. Try harder.

I don’t know yet because we don’t know for sure what this virus is doing.

So far…SO FAR…it is still a tiny smattering of cases.

Only about 200 identified where this has happened out of 2 million identified = 0.01% of the cases.

We are learning as we go with this thing.

Why are there always three?

1 Like

Pragmatic would be saying that you’re personally willing to die for this. Or sacrifice family members. Unless it’s emotions preventing you from doing so.

Would four be better? I could split point 2 into two parts.

The old and weak need to remain isolated or take the risk with the rest of us. The US economy shouldn’t have to die for their sakes. Trust in Trump, and the Lord that those who truly contribute to the economy are safe enough.

Why is no one concerned about the jobmakers?

2 Likes

I am. That’s pragmatic. I accept my fate. You’re building walls to close me in. (In that post.) it doesn’t work like that. It’s becoming increasingly clear that there’s very little we can do about CV, and no amount of hysteria will change that.

2 Likes

:wink: just an observation. I do it too.

If we’d followed this advice instead of shutting down at the beginning, millions would have died. That’s a lot of things it it’s not pragmatism.

2 Likes

Those models failed. They’ve been revised over and over again, so really, you don’t know that to be true. More emotional histrionics.

3 Likes

I have an engineering background; English is always a second language for engineers.

I do much better with numbers.

The models did not “fail”.

The variables changed…including deliberate actions we took…that necessitated revised models.

That’s how this works.

Unless we can somehow go to other parts of the multiverse and see how other experiments read out.

2 Likes

What do you mean, failed? You mean that many people didn’t die because we took precautions? That’s not failing, that’s success.

1 Like

Immunity?