Could lockdowns end in May?

haha…

priceless, isnt it?

1 Like

Oh I agree…and I like the patch technology UPMC is using too.

1 Like

Just finished reading a comparison article on the one in human trials and this.

If I had to guess, the UPMC might end up taking the lead because it’s a more established approach and as I pointed out in the other post, the microneedle array approach (high tech smallpox shot is what it is pretty much) will likely increase its potency.

We have to make sure that the vaccine is safe. A SARS vaccine caused an autoimmune response that resulted in pneumonia when animals were later exposed to SARS:

Not in humans.

If the vaccine is even 98% safe and effective at preventing this disease it’s more than a worthwhile gamble.

Yes vaccines are very tricky to make. Not easy…and that they take so long has nothing to do with “bowing to the regulatory gods” as some have said.

You can’t rush a biologic along.

Well that simply isn’t true at all.

If not for FDA reg’s and fear of liability lawsuits we could cut the time in development by over half.

Good Lord.

It’s possible. We can’t totally wipe out our economy to stay safe. There are already signs of improvement in California and Washington.

Good news for America, bad news for democrats.

Too bad, so sad.

Looking at the projection maps of the peak number of cases, by guess is that this will probably continue into May but not go beyond that.
I also think there would be a limit to how long the economy could take this.

1 Like

So far I haven’t heard anyone project a vaccine any sooner than sometime next year.

We’re going to beat them substantially.

If we don’t then we blew up the economy and tore up The Constitution for no good reason at all.

Stock prices.

Never over promise and under deliver.

If we have an outbreak in the fall, just watch.

First widespread use will be FR’s and Medico’s and other “essential personnel”. If that goes well it will be expanded to the most vunlerable beyond them.

It will be deemed a “study”.

If that goes well I see wide distribution by the end of the year or early in the NY with emergency approval and liability protections.

We can do it, we just have to break the regulatory cage.

The drugs will not prevent the virus from spreading. They prevent people from needing ventilators and dying.

We will still need to work to limit the spread especially to the elderly and those with existing conditions until an effective vaccine is available.

Not true. They are showing to be virus free within 5-7 Days of starting treatment.

Okay, the drugs may be reduce the time someone is contagious.

My understanding is that can be used to prevent infection as well. For example hospital staff may take the drug to help protect against infection.

It looks like the drugs may help reduce the infection rate, but other measures may still be needed.

The 200MG daily dose with a 900-800 initial loading dose is showing great promise prophylactically.

Most of my family working in medicine and pharmacy are using it and my brother has treated several dozen likely patients 12 of which tested positive. Some were “cured” before they could be tested but the symptoms were all there.

For treatment, it’s very close to 100% success with all patients being “cured” as in testing virus free at 4-7 Days.

2 Likes

This is great news.

After dropping for two days the fatalities jumped up over 1300 nationally yesterday.

Hopefully this treatment can reduce these numbers in a matter of days, not weeks.

look for the democrats to keep pushing it out, like the pro-baby killing racist virginia governor

1 Like