Corporate Deathwatch: Is Beyond Meat next?

He must be one of the people who can’t smell asparagus pee.

1 Like

No grains, cereals, or starches was the key to fixing my metabolism (insulin resistance).

Every single health benefit aside, I’ll never look back simply because now when I’m hungry, it’s not debilitating. I’m simply hungry until I eat. No dizziness, weakness, crankiness, etc… When I’m done eating, I no longer feel like I need to crash out. I’m simply no longer hungry.

1 Like

I like my own brand. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t like avocado unless it is where it belongs, in guacamole and your asparagus is a bit over cooked but I am glad you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All this talk about guacamole is making me want to take the family to Sergio’s up by the lake this weekend. I have a cheat day coming anyway. Best damn ma and pa Mexican restaurant I’ve ever eaten at.

I like to grill it. Coat in olive oil and put some Italian seasoning on it. Definitely has to be crunchy. The better half likes it soggy :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed about low-carb with intermittent fasting: I no longer get that crazy hunger. I went out to eat with my son and his fiance the other night and our order took a while. They were ravenous by the time their food arrived, and I feel like I could have waited hours longer. I love how my body just eats a little stored fat in the absence of food.

1 Like

I pan fry mine next to the steak for the last minute or so then deglaze the fond with a shot of water and steam it covered until the sauce thickens.

Fats of choice are half beef tallow half avocado oil.

1 Like

I grew up eating canned asparagus so I cannot abide the mushy style heh. I will however sometimes cook green beans all day.

1 Like

Cooking green beans all day in a slow cooker with a pound of bacon is a good way to end up eating all of them in one sitting.

Our bodies can make carbohydrates out of either protein or fat, which means they’re not even an essential nutrient.

It’s as if all the sugary carbs I ate all my life were nothing more than an addiction that came with withdrawals if I didn’t feed it generously and often. :wink:

1 Like

My understanding is, it is very difficult to remain in ketosis. And that most people who think they are, aren’t

I had a ham/mushroom/asparagus omelette for breakfast. It took 4 eggs to hold that much filling.

My day is already a success.

2 Likes

It was easy for me, but I never had the intention of staying in ketosis after I lost that initial 35 lbs. I was in ketosis for 62 days before coming out of it by introducing asparagus (contains fructose) and avocado (glucose) back into my meals. I also increased the steak size from 8oz to 12oz.

I’m on a “diet” now in the sense that I am fine tuning what I eat to what nutrients my body is signaling for.

Eggs, the steak meal, and berries seem to be cutting it so far. Sometimes I buy a bag of pistachios and have a handful a day until they run out. They’re pretty low carb for tree nuts.

I went 15 above ideal over the holidays, have to take it back off now.

Not that hard. Where people make a mistake is too much protein can convert to carbohydrates and take you out of ketosis. Also cheat days take you out and takes 3-4 to get back in it. When I am in it I am 70 % fats 25% protien and 5% carbs(which mostly comes from vegetables). Highly recommend you get an app that counts for you until you learn what is in stuff.

You need to be in it for 60 days like 6 did to loose significant a out. I was in it for 90 days and lost 40.

1 Like

In the 8 months since I came out of ketosis, I continue to slowly lose fat around my belly while remaining 190lbs. I can technically fit perfectly into a 32" waist now. My 36" pants were gouging a red ring all the way around my waist before I started, and that was without the button fastened.

Congrats

1 Like

I have never had a problem dropping weight I want to drop. Drives my wife nuts. The only question is do I want to lose it more then I want another beer lol. Also have a weakness for pasta. I am usually a good boy though.

I think I read somewhere that they tested a bunch of people who thought they were in ketosis and only something like 15% actually were.

1 Like