Corporate Deathwatch: Is Beyond Meat next?

Welp, the mention of pickled herring killed off another thread.

2 Likes

Just in case anyone needs to know
(you know, like if you’re trying to impress a chick or something)
there are tofus that most Americans do not mind eating.

Still bland. It takes on the flavor or whatever you cook it with,
but it’s not “mushy” and most people don’t mind.

It costs as little as $3.00/lb (Beyond Meat is really really really overpriced.)

1 Like

So if you cook it with steak, it’ll taste like steak? Then you can throw it away and eat the steak.

4 Likes

LOL
I’m not saying everyone should try it.

Cooking it involves like . . . a knife and a cutting board
and like . . . moving one’s hands.
(Way more complicated than open bag, heat, and eat.)

But it works well in pastas, goulashes, one pot meals, stir fries/pan fries, soups casseroles.

Here’s a simple pan-fry recipe for the square tofu (the good one on the right):

1. Slice
  2. Stir fry with scallions and soy sauce (and maybe hot sauce)
  3. Eat

Liberals eat bugs…

Restaurants should stop taking them out of food.

“Waiter! What is this fly doing in my soup?”

“The backstroke?”

1 Like

Years ago I had a friend who worked for Del Monte. I offered him some Del Monte Creamed Corn and he said OMG, no! “We are allowed to have bugs and bug parts in it.” He told me.a high percentage number.

Here is an article on insects found in all veggies.

Yes, bugs in your food would be a gourmet treat for liberals.

1 Like

Bugs might be better than veggie “meat”? :thinking:

Two different things. I’ve had veggie burgers before. They taste nothing like beef. I’ve never eaten the beyond or impossible garbage, which is supposed to taste like the real thing. I’m not going anywhere near it. No reason to.

1 Like

As the comedian says, no one ever orders a real hamburger and asks if they can make it taste like tofu.

1 Like

Looks like I was right all along.

Bloomberg: Fake meat was supposed to save the world. It just became another fad.

It’s not just costs. It’s a simple fact this was a novelty all along. Even the sales numbers are stating just that.

2 Likes

The best female chef in the steakhouse restaurant wins the Miss Steak award.

The best female manager get the Miss Management award.

1 Like

The best petty thief get Miss Demeanor?

1 Like

Red meat is how I got my weight and blood pressure under control. I’m the healthiest I’ve ever been outside of the Army.

3 Likes

I eat beef merlot daily. And if I don’t drink enough coffee, my blood pressure is like 90/50. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much had the same exact thing every day for the last 10 months. I keep thinking I’m tired of having it, but then I start eating. :rofl:

4 Likes

And therein lies the real moral of the story.

You need to eat meat and vegetables/fruits in the proper amounts. I notice your plate is like 2/3 vegetables and fruits (or whatever avocado is). Good going. :grin:

1 Like