Corporate America is saying; get vaxxed or there will be consequences

I would have waited to lose 12.5%. It’s nothing.

Nice to see Benito Mussolini is alive and well in America.

5 Likes

Be interesting to see the first case. I’m not sure it’s a winner.

Of course the government would decide. And it’s in crisis right now.

Their quarterly earning projections taking a hit will cause their stock to drop. It’s not about making anything and it’s certainly not about hemorrhaging money to please anti-vaxxers.

Customers, employees.

Customers?

Yes. You know, the people corporations need to sell things too.

You think people are going to not buy from a company because of their employee vaccination policy?

3 Likes

No need to be a condescending ass. We both know you’re not smarter than I am.

2 Likes

At businesses where employees and customers have contact, absolutely.

:rofl:

3 Likes

I’m doubtful.

Vaccinated employees are good for business

Less sick time, back to the office, less risk of infecting others, less tracking and reporting

The amount of resources my firm set in place for Covid 19 was large I am sure that’s an expense companies would rather reduce or eliminate completely

2 Likes

Already done in Florida.

https://www.flgov.com/2021/05/03/governor-ron-desantis-signs-landmark-legislation-to-ban-vaccine-passports-and-stem-government-overreach/

2 Likes

Businesses are fascist?

If businesses are allowed to set their own rules, then that proves we are a fascist country?

Thank God we didn’t let Masterpiece Bakery set its own rules!

3 Likes

Television and movie productions have $100,000’s of added costs for Covid compliance.

It costs a lot to operate in a pandemic.

Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.

Is this not what we are witnessing?

The concept of fascism is dependent on the merger of corporations with the state. The power inherent in government is combined with corporate power, this brings the majority of power in a nation under a small group of individuals. This is known as an Oligarchy. It is this combination of government and corporations that truly defines the concept of fascism.

2 Likes

The amount of infrastructure both physical and digital, testing, health checks and purchase of supplies was staggering for the firm I work for.

HR having to reach out to anyone potentially infected, tracking other potentially impacted employees.

I am sure we would rather deploy that money elsewhere :man_shrugging:

1 Like

My thoughts are that the vaccination is in our best interests but…no one has the right to force it to be done. That said, I’d like a list of businesses that are forcing this on their employees and I’ll vote with my dollars not to do business with you.

4 Likes

What I am seeing, is employees given the option to either get the vaccine or carry on with masking when interacting with others, testing and daily health checks.

Take yer pick of pain in the ass

1 Like