Coronavirus Thread Political

Who gives a ■■■■ about the death rate, look at the toll the President has no problem with elevating.

1 Like

Read what I wrote again. Look at the words I actually used instead of filling in my sentences with your imagination.

80% of cases are mild and because of that the vast majority of them them will even get tested.

Generally it’s only the suspected cases that make people sick enough to seek medical attention that will get flagged and tested.

That is going to skew the fatality rate greatly exaggerating it.

so there are a 700K + sick people out there just not going to the hospital.

It’s cold and flu season and unless the symptoms get severe most people won’t know the difference.

If you have 200 cases, only 100 get tested, and four of them died you get a rate of 4% because only confirmed cases get counted.

If all of the actual 200 cases were tested, what would the fatality rate be?

We know from what’s been released 80% of those who have it only get a mild case. Many or most of them won’t get tested so the fatality rate is probably much lower than 3.6%.

2 Likes

Where do you think all these sick people are hiding
not in China they are pretty serious about quarantine anyone with a fever.

Why do you keep making things up?

I never said they are hiding, the people with mild cases won’t feel the need to run to the hospital unless their conditions change warranting same.

Damned few people run to the doctor for colds and flu because they can successfully treat it at home.

1 Like

most cases are in China a country that has its police detaining anyone with a fever.
they are walking around testing people on the streets.

That’s crazy talk

So walking dead theory

By the numbers it might seem less scary, but the fatality rate is higher and unlike the flu there’s no vaccine.

People in China are being welded inside of their apartments by police, not getting tested.

You have zero evidence to suggest even half of all cases are getting tested.

1 Like

No it isn’t, they higher the population density the more likely you are to spread it and far higher chances of rapid transmission to numerous people.

If you live in a rural area with little contact with people from outside your community you have little or no chance of contracting it.

So far most of the known cases are cases where people were packed tightly into apartments, cruise ships, aircraft etc.

Omg facepalm…you took that literally…lol…

Good job not being able to realize when someone is having fun

4 Likes

One positive guy from a cruise ship described his symptoms similar to a cold. Had he been home unaware of the virus he felt like he would have gone to work after day 1. There will be many that had it and didn’t know.

1 Like

Indeed and the worst thing we could have happen is for everyone that gets a sniffle to panic and run to their doc’s offices or hospital ER’s demanding to be tested.

That kind of panic could cripple they whole system.

2 Likes

That’s been my contention for a week now. This thing was a pandemic 3 weeks ago, and we’re chasing it not containing it. If it’s transmissible as they say, then there wasn’t any stopping it once the first unknown origin case popped up. Stop it, hell, you can’t even track it at that point.

Pretty much. Well, not dead, just contagious.

Calm down. lol

Ok someone needs to shut him up now. He’s actively doing harm.

You should listen to the daily podcast today. Right in line with your thoughts