Coronavirus Thread Political

there is all this hysteria over something that isnt anywhere near as dangerous as the flu?

Wash yo’ nasty asses, folks, and keep your filthy hands to yourselves.

if you’ll read back through my posts, over and over if you have to, you’ll notice i said nothing like that

but i understand you need a narrative

It is more dangerous than the flu. It’s just not more prevalent - yet.

Better to take steps to keep it that way.

And who knows. People suddenly obsessed with washing their hands, coughing in the crook of their elbow and not going to work if they’re sick may help prevent flu deaths, too.

So it’s a win win.

You said the opinions of anonymous voters on this board, “don’t count”.

How are you quantifying danger in this particular case? Prevalence?

This Trump worshipper doesn’t think the coronavirus is real.

Some may be in a world of trouble.

You’ve stuffed six separate topics into a single thread, where everything is going to get lost in the shuffle.

By this logic, every thread mentioning Biden, Bloomberg, Sanders, etc. should be stuffed into a Democrat 2020 Election Thread.

And every thread mentioning Trump - not counting the ones that get stuffed into the TDS thread - should be stuffed into a Trump presidency thread.

That would sure lessen the amount of threads on the board.

Would defeat the purpose of easily-found discussions on topics of interest to people, though.

I know you’re not interested in opinions but could you explain the logic behind your thread consolidation?

All those threads had different readership levels, as some folks were interested in one topic under the umbrella of Coronavirus but not the other.

Now they’re all stuffed in the same thread and by definition info will be lost or not seen.

That 's why books have chapters and topics have different threads for subtopics under that topic. It’s all about good communication.

2 Likes

Out side of Hubei Province in China…there have been 112 deaths “elsewhere” in China. Hubei is a hot zone of some 56 million people. There are roughly 80,000 people sick in Hubei…OR 99.875 % of the people in Hubei who are not sick. Let that sink in for a minute. less than .14% of the people in Hubei China are sick. COVID 19 is a SARS like coronavirus, it is not an influenza virus. Influenza probably has a much bigger impact on the world health right now than COVID 19 does. COVID 19 right now has infected a small percentage of the worlds population. 99.998831168 percent of the worlds population does not have COVID 19. The flu virus infects upto 5 million people a year, and that still leaves 99.935064935 percent of the population without the flu.

Something to seriously ponder. You have a greater chance of getting the flu, than COVID 19.

1 Like

There is only one side that politicizes everything from the weather to warfare and that’s the Democrats. LBJ started the trend during the Vietnam war!

1 Like

May I introduce you to AM radio and Pundit News.

3 Likes

Yes, at the moment that is true.

But if steps aren’t put in place to prevent more sick people from getting in from other countries, that may change.

Frankly, I thought a travel ban from China was a good idea…

1 Like

no i didnt

you got that right

1 Like

Yes you did. :face_with_monocle:

They’re all right there in the op for all to see. Every time someone had a brain fart about the Coronavirus they were starting a thread rather than bringing that point into an already existing thread. Rather than merging all those threads making it unintelligible, I decided to link for reference and continue discussions here.

it is more dangerous?

i read that it could be easily confused with a common cold

how can trump allow this?

no i didnt.

smilie face

I did too. Go look at Coronavirus COVID19 by the numbers world wide. If you took out Hubei Province numbers…it would not even be a blip!

does the common cold have a morality rate of 2.9%?