Coronavirus Thread Political

The steps in this crisis are treat symptoms, and get yourself in a bubble if you’re afraid that you’re at risk.

1 Like

I don’t see the sense of a payroll tax cut. Just takes money from SS and explodes the deficit. It would be stimulating later when things return to normal but less so now.

Federally funded sick leave is a necessity and should remain in place after the pandemic. Would save our country billions.

Bailouts…well, ok but the tea party conservatives who swear they were against the last ones are gonna be mad. Or not.

And to some of us, the threat is very real. My wife is at risk due to her health condition…She is healthy overall, but has a disfunctional lung due to a birth defect. This if it were to hit her could hit her very very hard. I try not to worry but I do.

1 Like

As well as cancelling large gatherings, instituting quaritine protocol, Rampling upnjosptial capacity and training. Ramping up test kits. Increasing public education and increasing sterilization protocols. And many more things.

Best of luck to her. Hunker down. Keep her out of contact. Stay hydrated.

Instead people are misinformed by unqualified people who are less qualified than snake oil salesmen. How is that better than getting expert advice?

It’s already spread to unmanageable levels. Now what?

China built a lot of trust by keeping things secret.

She teaches first grade. I am hoping the fact that she is exposed to these things all year long increases her immunity to it. Like I said earlier, with the flu shot each year and the pneumonia shot each year, she hasn’t had any kind of bronchial infection that impacted her in about 4 or 5 years…so there’s that.

1 Like

Maybe don’t throw gasoline on the fire?

Cancel schools. Cancel large gatherings. Ramp up hospital capacity b stockpile drugs and equipment. Educate the public. Etc…

Are you of the opinion we should do nothing?

Yeah. One thing we should not do is encourage people to shake hands like trump and that idiot GOPer…jeez.

Dr Trump says it’s no biggie. And he’d know.

“Look, we have the commander-in-chief, we have the best health experts,” McEnany insisted. “We’re taking this day by day. We’re currently proceeding as normal. Joe Biden is suspending his rallies. He’s been dying to get off the campaign trail. He can only speak for seven minutes.”

“You will immediately be accused of chaos in the White House,” Varney interrupted. “The president goes ahead with holding his rallies. His top doctor — top medical guy — says don’t go with big crowds. I mean, you’re immediately going to be hit with this.”

“Look, the president is the best authority on this issue,” McEnany asserted. “He takes into consult the words of everyone around him.”

“So, I’ll leave it to the president,” she added. “Joe Biden is looking for an excuse to get off the campaign trail. And let me just add, the media’s best hope is for Donald Trump to suspend his rallies. They’ve been wanting to stop this, his avenue to speak directly to the American people.”

2 Likes

Get your towel and “don’t panic”.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apples to Apples. If I want the real deal I’ll go to Killian’s.

Well ■■■■■ It’s now been found in my county. Now granted, it’s a big county - the guy could easily live at least 20 miles away from me. Could be a worker at the King Soopers I’m heading out to. We may know in a couple of weeks or so if it was the later. Not panicking or overly concerned, but it did bring it closer to home. More of an abstract thing before.

1 Like

Yankee

Right??

1 Like