Coronavirus Thread Political II

Who here is really scared of this virus? What are you doing?

He has unequivocally and demonstrably proved that he is unfit for office. He was given one of the easiest questions ever asked to a political leader by a journo and what was his response? He irrationally abused the reporter and later abused another reporter.

I’m not scared personal.
I’m more worried about my mother and grandmother getting it.

Ontario is on complete lockdown, outside of getting food for myself and relatives I been inside for a week now.

My father would not survive it so…count me in.

It’s 99% hysteria and 1% real concern.

I have a friend with horrible immune system she is like 90 pounds she would be likely die from it.

Thanks. It’s not going to be an epidemic here. Anymore than Ebola was.

There wasn’t 5,000 people getting Ebola every day in America.

Let me see if this is difficult. The USA government’s task force determines an initial amount of supplies that will be required in the short term. Place the order with the manufacturer(s). Ask all states, Washington DC, and territories etc. what their requirements are in total and an initial week’s total. Those states’ requests are collated and a second order is made to cover the shortfall. Use the armed forces for their logistics and transport expertise to distribute the supplies to the states etc.

Doesn’t sound too difficult to me for there to be a federal government coordinated approach such as the above. @AlexMcAlpine do you think the approach I outlined is reasonable?

The black death wiped out half the known population…

5,000 is nothing.

I can think of a couple of Aussie expressions that pointedly speaks to D Trump’s incompetence. Alas and alack I suspect they would not be within the ToS of this site; so I will have to refrain from doing so.

Without the steps we are taking it would top a million.

@CanadianJudo if you can I would recommend watching the Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister tv programmes from the 1980s. Even though they are close to 40 years old now, they have aged well.

Was the conflict foreseeable or not foreseeable?

If you just do nothing.
experts predict it will infect 80% of the U.S population.

No…

Mortality rates -
Wuhan coronavirus mortality rate: >2% (and falling)
SARS coronavirus mortality rate: 10%
MERS coronavirus mortality rate: 30%

Transmissibility (R0, higher number is more transmissible) -
Wuhan coronavirus R0: 1.4-2.5
SARS coronavirus R0: 2-5
MERS coronavirus R0: 0.5-1

More transmissible than MERS, less transmissible than SARS. Much less deadly than either.

That’s not the sign of a virus about to go hog wild or one that (in one claim I heard) seems ready to infect 60% of the world’s population.

1 Like

Libs were the first ones on this board to call it a Chinese Virus. :+1:

2 Likes

MLB cancelled, NBA cancelled, PGA cancelled, South Korea Starcraft still on.

1 Like