Coronavirus Thread Political II

also how many of those hospitalization require ventilators.

Those would be fatalities, so like………all of them

I presume you were referring to those who have died in Italy rather than the total population of around 60 million?

Was an actual answer given even after Trump asked the question?

We dont admit those here

I haven’t read anyone saying that the drugs shouldn’t be used. What I have read is people saying that more studies are required to show the efficacy of those drugs going forward.

Mild cases is everything not needing oxygen…

So it’s still bad

Even yesterday after it was claimed that there will be millions of masks no-one at the presser could articulate when and how many masks would be available. The best guess was in days rather than weeks.

It is as though Trump was waiting for someone to tell him how to lead.

The premise behind social distancing is that it significantly reduces the transmission of the coronavirus to other people. The fact that at each of Trump’s pressers Trump, Pence et al have not practised social distance should be jarring to say the least. I would like a Fox News’s reporter to ask Trump at one of these pressers why is social distancing important and why they don’t practise social distancing with the people at the podium.

Why does the USA have shortages in masks, ventilators etc. NOW?

This is true but it didn’t stop Obama for blaming everything on Bush jr up until his last day of eight years in office. Don’t get me wrong Bush jr was not a good president and Obama didn’t waste a second to blamed him on everything. I voted for Obama in 08 but not 2012. He didn’t follow through on his promise to scale back outsourcing and insourcing of American jobs.

And yes we need to do something better with our healthcare system but the guy inline to take Trumps place just a few days ago said if Medicare for all was passed by the senate and House and put on his desk he would veto it. Biden wants to expand the already failed ACA which did one good thing by not allowing pre existing people to be turned away, but also turned out to be far from affordable insurance and drug prices are higher than ever.

Because we sold our soul to China, globalism hopefully will take a massive smack to the head when this finally over. And regardless of who is next in line to be president it needs to demanded by the voters that manufacturing is brought back to the U.S.

On why there is a shortage of medical supplies? Why our good buds the Communist part of China and our big corperations in bed with them

“Crucial medical supplies needed to fight coronavirus are running dangerously low in American hospitals — because almost all are imported from China. Shipments of face masks, testing swabs, hand sanitizer and surgical gowns cratered in mid-February after Chinese factories shuttered to tamp down the rampant spread of COVID-19. When the plants restarted production, government authorities required manufacturers of N95 masks — used by doctors and nurses — to reserve almost all of them for Chinese customers.”

No N95 masks have arrived from China since Feb. 19,

6 Likes

I was chatting with a nurse yesterday. She is working with substandard gear and isn’t expecting good masks until April first.

Didn’t Trump think that 15 was the peak at one stage?

There are a limited number of machines to make qualified masks. They are very high tech and it takes a full year to set one up, so it isn’t like they can just pop out new machines. The fabric is made from liquid plastic threads one micron in diameter sprayed onto a special surface. The threads must adhere to each other without melting into an impermeable sheet. Not an easy task.

1 Like

Why didn’t Trump ensure that local production was started/increased when he realised that it was a pandemic?

Why hasn’t Trump made the decision that the appropriate federal body will be responsible for ordering the appropriate supplies required rather than have states and the federal government bid against each other?

He was lying about that. He didn’t know or didn’t believe it.

The federal government bidding on supplies is fine. They are building stockpiles. They failed to coordinate with states is the mistake.

I don’t know whether you watched yesterday’s presser. In that presser on numerous occasions it was mentioned that there will be millions of masks. When asked the very simple question of when they would be available the best answer was a nebulous “in days”.

One doesn’t need a very vivid imagination to determine how catastrophic it will be if significant numbers of healthcare professionals are infected with the coronavirus.