Coronavirus Thread Political II

Its also the anti flu, the anti cold, could have been the anti polio. We are going to find out if the cure is worse…

1 Like

How many people do you think have caught the flu this season?

How many hospitalized?

Deaths?

What does the fear do for you?

Done properly, it wouldn’t have been.

We have the evidence in South Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan.

Even China and if you believe Putin, Russia…but their ways for sure wouldn’t have flown here.

But of course neither would have SK, Singapore and Taiwan.

“What do you mean I have to go into quarantine? I’m not sick!”

“What do you mean, I have to let you track my bank records and my cell phone?”

“What do you mean, I have to let this data go into a big gubmint database?”

“What do you mean, you’re going to tell me to whom to sell my masks and what price I’m allowed to charge?”

Epidemiology 210, isolate, contain, quarantine.

1 Like

That’s an incessant trope lately, and I guess there’s reason from a certain angle to wonder about it. But in terms of interviews with people on the front lines (NOT opinion pieces from either side), isn’t everybody saying the same thing? Critical shortages of beds, PPE, testing (still!) Emergency rooms and wards starting to overflow, and ventilators and ICU’s already maxing out in some areas. Do you think CNN and MSNBC reporters have to search for hours to find a doctor or scientist willing to call the situation dire? Or is Fox News the only network struggling to find people in the trenches muttering “I don’t see what all the fuss is about”?

1 Like

Too bad that wasn’t the question nor the answer.

PUBLIC database…………

And moment Trump tried…Trump is dictator. Hell you read here about DOJ getting involved…saying Trump would love doing just that, so he can go after he press etc.

It’s no win situation IMO.

3 Likes

Provide a link to your posts calling for these measures in January. I can’t seen to find them.

Then some links to the experts calling for same in direct contravention to the WHO guidelines.

While you are at it tell us when the WHO called for a global travel ban to/from all affected countries.

True…the COVID hot spot app makers have access to the data.

Off-label prescribing is a common and legal practice in medicine.

A physician will not deceive you. There are risks to measure.

POTUS and Dr. Fauci are showing their are two sides of this coin. Patients still must consult their doctors.

2 Likes

You might want to read my post again and then rethink your comment…

And it’s not my fault you don’t understand the difference between truly offering hope and being a snake oil salesman.

They are close but yet distinctly different.

Not in the US, not yet anyhow.

How many people do you think have caught the flu this season?

How many hospitalized?

Deaths?

Trying to imagine doing that here……………nope, not gonna happen. Fine by me though, but those smart thermometers on a voluntary basis could be groundbreaking.

These drugs are not snake oil.

1 Like
1 Like

How many flu seasons do you recall where the flu patients overwhelmed the emergency care units a month or two into the flu season?

The man selling them as more than they are is the snake oil salesman.