Coronavirus Thread Political II

Freebasing Clorox is the new Inhaler…

1 Like

Thank you and I truly believe “we” will bounce back rather quickly. It’s how Americans are wired IMO.

1 Like

Even supposing it wasn’t an incredibly stupid question that’s the kind of thing you ask in private brainstorming sessions. You don’t just ■■■■■■■ spitball injecting disinfectant in your national pandemic response briefing.

The daily White House coronavirus task force briefing is the one portion of the day that Mr. Trump looks forward to, although even Republicans say that the two hours of political attacks, grievances and falsehoods by the president are hurting him politically.
Mr. Trump will hear none of it. Aides say he views them as prime-time shows that are the best substitute for the rallies he can no longer attend but craves.
Mr. Trump rarely attends the task force meetings that precede the briefings, and he typically does not prepare before he steps in front of the cameras. He is often seeing the final version of the day’s main talking points that aides have prepared for him for the first time although aides said he makes tweaks with a Sharpie just before he reads them live. He hastily plows through them, usually in a monotone, in order to get to the question-and-answer bullying session with reporters that he relishes.

Fascinating stuff.

1 Like

Fascinating. Terrifying. Unsurprising. Depressing. Lots of adjectives fit here.

President Trump on Friday said he was being sarcastic when he suggested multiple times a day earlier that scientists should consider exposing the body to light, heat and disinfectants as a potential treatment for the coronavirus.

“I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,” Trump told reporters at an Oval Office bill signing.

“I was asking a sarcastic — and a very sarcastic question — to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside,” the president continued. “But it does kill it, and it would kill it on the hands and that would make things much better. That was done in the form of a sarcastic question to the reporters.”

Does he really think that this clears it all up? How dumb does he think we all are?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/johnrobertsFox/status/1253728575234195457
More sarcasm from Trump!

1 Like

Imagine if you defended this maelstrom of insane nonsense only for Trump to pull the football away again.

1 Like

Trump reminds me of Tommy Flanagan.

And it is an international hub.

Yeah I realized that I forget that and included it in a subsequent post. Definitely an important factor

It really is amazing isnt it?..I have die hard Trumper friends on FB that are saying , this is all fake news and he didn’t say anything stupid…and then go on to blame the media…It really is astounding how many Trumpers are totally committed to this guy, …he can do or say no wrong…

1 Like

Then there was this little tidbit after Trump stated that he was just being sarcastic.

Reuters reporter Jeff Mason asked if Trump wanted to clarify that he was being sarcastic and ensure no one misunderstood him.
One more time, Mason gamely pressed: “Just to clarify, you’re not encouraging Americans to inject disinfectant?”

Trump: “No. Of course not. Interior-wise, it was said sarcastically. It was put in the form of a question to a group of extraordinarily hostile people, namely the fake news media.”

Mason answered: “Some doctors felt you needed to clarify that after your comments.”

Trump said: “Of course, all they had to do was see just — you know the way it was asked. I was looking at you.”

Mason shot back: “No, you weren’t, sir. I wasn’t there yesterday.”

1 Like

I had a big smile on my face as i said it and i looked around the room and everyone was laughing and they said “sir. you’re the funniest president we’ve ever had, thank you sir”

3 Likes

Stable genius

So now that trump said he was joking where are all the posters here who were defending his statements as based in fact?

1 Like

Right wing media out there trying to pretend the president was talking about ozone therapy.

Trump blasted that theory out of the water…but they’ll peddle it and it will take hold anyway.

Question for all Trump supporters who were justifying hIs idiotic comment about Disinfectant.

Now that he has said he was being sarcastic, how do you align that with everything you said to defend his comments?

They knew it all along. Didn’t they?

So now Trump said he was being sarcastic how does this make your post look? He wasnt talking about the disinfectant properties of light he was “being sarcastic”.